[Latest game patch] Gpu usage too high on lobby/main menu

I have gotten used to simply switching away from main menu (usually to campaigns screen) when alt-tabbing out. Seems to be much easier solution.

I have a 60hz monitor and I set vsync to achieve it locking to 60fps - keeps the GPU usage good.

Nearly a month later, still not fixed of course. Not even an ETA. Removing particles. How difficult can it be. :joy:

I like these particles, so prefer that they would stay. Developers have to find ways how to reduce GPU usage on main menu without removing particles.

I have the same problem. The game runs between 30 - 60 FPS on normal gameplay but in the main menu it drops to 5 - 15 FPS. This was present since the release, not only in the last patch btw.

Same Problem , The game runs 60+FPS during matches ect , but at the main menu I only get like 36-35 FPS and this Issue was present even before the last update .

This issue has been patched on the latest update, build 37650. Now the framerate on all menus is hard capped at 60fps, making so you don’t have to worry so much about your GPU catching fire everytime you open the game. Thanks devs!

Nope, the problem still exists.

2 Likes

Really? I couldn’t find a single menu where the GPU usage went high.

The main menu, as always. Just play a game or quit the game and restart it and leave it on the main menu.

Well, I just idled on the main menu for about 10 minutes and the usages virtually never went past those values:

The GPU, specifically, never exceeded the 33% usage. Before the update it would always go to 100% on several menus.

I navigated through various submenus as well and still no spike in usage values. In fact, sub menus consume even less resources.

Vsync is off, just to clarify.

The problem is not that the main menu goes nuts at past 60 FPS. The problem is that the game is considerably slower on the main menu (instead of, you know, the game).
In my case, the game in normal gameplay runs at ~60 FPS and decreases (of course) during massive 4vs4 battles on giant maps at something like 30 FPS. Even then, it does not freezes nor you feel lag or whatever.
But, in the main menu, the game runs at ~15 FPS and you feel some kind of lag when you click buttons and such.
It is not a big deal, but it is something weird.

1 Like

Oh okay, my answers were concernig the topic’s main subject: “Gpu usage too high on lobby/main menu”.

That what you brought is a different issue and should be reported separately.

I just started having this issue a few days ago. The main menu, and the entire game in general is extremely laggy to the point of being unplayable. Please fix this!!!