Leaving Clan freezes the UI, and doesn't work until 2-6 hours elapse, then finally unfreezes and clan is left properly

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Current
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Leaving clan ingame at the leave clan button, has a very large lag. The game becomes unresponsive and there is only a circle loading animation.
Most users here end up doing ALT-F4 but if u leave it for 2-6 hours, eventually it will leave the clan. That is what me and several other players have done after discovering the workaround

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Leave a clan

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hello @BarrufetAoc !
We are already tracking this issue when leaving a clan. Sometimes if you Alt+F4 after pressing the button could even lead to critical issues with multiplayer.
Thanks for the report! :slight_smile:

im currently having this issue also. I’m trying to leave a clan and it just freezes, can’t leave or do anything else unless i close the game with task manager or alt f4

1 Like

You should be able to leave the clan after pressing the button and waiting (30-40min), but without doing anything else on the UI.

Why does it take 30-40 mins to leave a clan as opposed to joining one in less than 5s?