Lets discuss AI quirks

Considering the category of “Remember When…”, I thought it would be a good idea to bring up some AI quirks and issues that the original had. Personally, there is too much of a difference between civilizations and how they age up and perform. Does anybody know the most competitive civ to play against that doesn’t micro mass priests?
Also I find it strange that on small maps they will venture into your own resources and just try to rob you, literally throwing away their villagers one by one in the process.
They also seem to be too dedicated in repairing lost causes or rebuilding towers and such in your line of sight.
What can you guys share?

Mass towers, massed priests. The AI was pretty ■■■■ stupid. But every civ masses towers and it’s straight up annoying.

The AI sending a constant stream of villagers to build or repair a building that your army is attacking.

The AI sending ALL their villagers to attack an enemy building in their base. This is an easy tactic to totally demolish their economy. Drop a tower on the edge of their city and have a handful of archers or galleys wipe out their villagers as they come to attack it.

That **** last villager hidden/bugged next to a forest when you have destroyed all units and buildings EXCEPT him. Those unpayable few minutes moving all troops around the map searching for that last remnant…

I wonder if the reason why the AI goes Towers is because it was designed for 50 population and Towers don’t cost population.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
I wonder if the reason why the AI goes Towers is because it was designed for 50 population and Towers don’t cost population.
I’m pretty sure that’s the reason. Towers are much more valuable when population is limited.

The ai will also ignore your own repairing villagers in many situations. You can beat a handul of early boats by just repairing your single boat. The ai will prioritise attacking your ship.

@the_choson_one said:
That **** last villager hidden/bugged next to a forest when you have destroyed all units and buildings EXCEPT him. Those unpayable few minutes moving all troops around the map searching for that last remnant…

Or on water maps the roaming fishing boats

The AI is totally screwed but I think you play with it we could have a game that is unrecognisable. In this I mean the latent all civs Ai not the computer v human AI/

The AI just keeps going for priest and towers, towers and priest in an endless cycle. The AI heavily prioritizes the tower upgrades ( obviously ). They also usually go for the build town center-granary-couple of towers-barracks practically all the time.

The AI doesn’t work in custom scenerio’s like CBA, or any blood maps.

@xXvCHERUBIMvXx said:
The AI doesn’t work in custom scenerio’s like CBA, or any blood maps.

They don’t seem to work too well in the original scenarios. The more unique the scenario is from a random map, the dumber they are.

@“Noble Yonas” said:

@the_choson_one said:

Or on water maps the roaming fishing boats

Yes and yes, the bane of all great empires.