Let's talk about stealth

If those things appear next to my cannon without seeing it, i will be pissed. It is not RTS skills what ever. I cannot even see it that’s not my fault or misplay to lose the cannon. Same thing as malta teleporting. Those mechanics just doesn’t reflect player skill or need any skills. It is dumb. Right now the stealth is more balanced.

If you know that a civ can attack you with stealth, then prevent it with explorer or scouts. Its not like there wasnt options, just use them
Stealth has been overnerfed

3 Likes

The simple solution would be to not play classic games. You can host your own standard games.

Inca’s stealth buildings are beyond stupid. I don’t see a way of reworking it to make any sense.

The revealing could have a bit of a delay to make it a little more forgiving for melee units. Being revealed after a couple seconds of being within 3 distance from a unit would be fair.

2 Likes

That’s how they should have done it.

Stealth units should be able to see the limit of where they can be revealed or not. For example, if they are close to an urban center, they will know how close to get so as not to risk being seen, because there will be a line that will indicate where they will be safe and where they will not. If they cross the line they will be revealed, but if they don’t, they will remain hidden.

In other words, they will be able to see the zone of influence where units and buildings can see stealthed units.

At least in AOE-3 stealth or cloaked units are revealed once they start attacking. In SC-2 units of this type remain hidden even while attacking if there are no specialized tracking units.

3 Likes

Now that stealth units are discovered when you are very close to them, I propose the following. In open spaces they are easier to spot, but when near a forest, units remain cloaked even if there are enemies very close to them. (as it was before, but requiring trees for said ability).

They ruined the stealth building card of inca a while ago, it’s totally useless in it’s current state.

I agree - in fact when working on my civ concepts I have toyed with units that get insta-stealth when near trees, or even stealth units that get a more poweful attack when coming out of stealth (before returning to standard attack).

2 Likes