Let's talk about the Incas

They could do that and I’d be fine with those changes, the fort wouldn’t be needed if huaracas could actually take out artillery cost effectively. The bowmen definitely needs a buff, more range for sure.

I’d also say the kanchas need to be looked at if the FF is no longer viable, at 180 wood each it costs like 300 more wood than a manor boom and provides less than a 1/3 of the eco. Make the kancha boom viable again and people will stop just doing straight FF with no eco.

3 Likes

With the buff to boom thing, I think you’re looking at things from the wrong point of view, you don’t have to equate all possible economic booms with the Manoor boom, that boom has to be nerfed, it always broke the British from the beginnings of history.

And speaking of the Incas, it would lower their villager limit to 90, with the 12 kancha houses + the 10 plantations far exceeding the 100 villager limit.

Compared to anything the kancha boom is bad, it’s just too expensive for what you get. Before at 135w people would do it but not now. Alternatively compare to the dutch banks, 5 banks is like 20 vills on gold, unraidable safe coin way better than what kanchas give.

The kanchas plus plantations and 99 vills is still worse than a regular civ with 99v and 2 factories though. Also only likely to be done in treaty, nobody is making 10 plantations in age 4 in 1v1 sup but most civs do send 2 factories.

Compared to the other 3 natives (Azzys, Haud and Lakota) it is much better!

Of course but they have different strengths to make up for it, same as with other civs that lack buildings that give settlers or generate res.
Haud is strong early game or FF to forest prowlers, Aztec can do anything really early game rush, WP Boom, FI, Water. Lakota eco is really good with great hunter and infinite bison, all of their units are incredibly strong too.

Inca currently just has a ■■■■ poor eco boom which takes too long to pay off, or an FF because it’s units are just worse than almost any other equivalent.

1 Like

If you look at this moment in the game from Kaiserklein vs Kynesie,

You can obviously see Kaiserklein doesn’t feel comfortable vs bolas, he doesn’t fully understand their strength, the fact he could potentially have 20+ vet Uhlan and skirmishers sniping vs JUST 8 constantly over extending bolas which pretty much suck vs cav in melee and have better multiplier in range, he is still afraid to take trades. Even if they run back to the stronghold he will still be able to melt the bolas and melt some of the huaracas afterwards, kynesie is constantly over extending too far from the stronghold (which essentially allows him to have low anti cav) he could be defending the push so much better and eventually be able to outscale by 5k resources during that time and push the fotress with bigger mass after that trade. As Knot said kynesie eco is dead,this entire push fueled by majority shipments and he won’t be able to spam expensive units like that often after that and will have to rebuild his eco, so fights like that are huge. I wouldn’t recommend it in every game but I just wanted to point out that just because you’re top player doesn’t mean you can’t play something wrong like everyone else. (obviously you shouldn’t charge cav into bolas every game) but this game he can easiliy take out the bolas. It’s like have 20 cav but being scared of 5 caroleans or pikes or whatever. And if kynesie makes more bolas he will have less huaraca, so if you have larger number/ pop of skirmishers which is what you should have, he won’t be able to trade and will have to stay in stronghold and eventually clench his butt cheeks versus your strong push, due to the fact that most europeans civs outgather inca super hard when they do this strategy they can have many more units.
But instead Kynesie just walked all over him in this game because kaiserklein doesn’t understand the civ or know what to do fully, like 80% of the playerbase and allows these plays to look so effective.

The fotress can be countered easy and isnt’ busted on base stats even with garrisoning especially if you look at the design of inca, what makes it so strong are the cards, high ground, monumental architecture, improved buildings, devs should remove these cards and make this civ more viable in age 2 or with junglebows aggro, then everyone will be happy.

6 Likes

Agreed, the thing with Inca is that garrisoning military units in fort since the beginning of the game is just stupid. No other civ can make it and it’s too op.

At least they should send a card at age 4 in order to garrison.

1 Like

there is one thing that people don’t understand including you is that the design of the civ is just ■■■■■■, the civ can be broken or not i don’t care, the civ is broken because of the design, just explain to me why we can garrison military units on aoe 3, it has nothing to do in this game and it’s not made for this game, we’re not even talking about the chasqui that can receive shipments and its a broken design we can’t contradict that (and it’s the same for the daimyo that’s why i hate them too), the inca units or inca eco can be op or not i don’t care really, what i want is that this fort cannot garrison military units or at least limited to 15 because frankly let’s be honest, garrison 50 military units in a building everyone knows it’s really stupid and again not even talking about op shipment for defensive gameplay such as the hp card

4 Likes

Its a no brainer. The inca fort needs some rework. Maybe if the units garrisons, it reduces the hp

You should discuss how powerful Ethiopia is, not the Inca. Chinese players relied on Ethiopia to reach the top of the ladder in one night.

I wrote a special article on africa issues, mainly influence and livestock markets

1 Like

atleast ethiopia doesn’t have ■■■■ design

Now you talk about it, what if you remove that mechanic and move it to a Homecity card?

Honestly Kaiserklein looked like an amateur in that match. The Inca have been around in aoe3 for two years and somehow he hasn’t come up with an effective counter to them that’s on him. The biggest issue is that these high tier players need to have their egos nerfed cause you don’t see this in aoe2 especially with the unsportsman like bad mouthing salty whining at the end.

6 Likes

How does 150w 1500 hp and .80 gather rate for kanchas sound? With chincha brewing reducing the cost of kanchas by -25w and increasing gather rates by 25% for a total of 1.

I agree to move garrisoning to age 4. Inca might need a buff tho, is reworking the kancha house the answer? I also agree that jungle bowmen should have more range. I would be willing to sacrifice .25 speed for more range, 10 hp more and .10 more armor so it acts more like a casador.

3 Likes

The rodelero shipment in age 2 seems a bit strong

11 rods 500 gold? For me is fair, the spanish shipment 7 rods is better

1 Like

Sounds fair, they definetely need some kind of buff if the huaraca/fort FF is nerfed at all.

It’s just such a significant mass and it usually pops with more from a barracks at the same time. If you have dueling forwards it’s a guarantee lose.