Limit the display length of the player name

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: current
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Every now and then people use an extremely long name like
“WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW”

When play with this guy, his name will cover on the map and make other player cannot see the map.

I am using a standard 1920 x 1080 screen and I think it affect quite a lot of people

Knowing that the game uses your Steam name (or from another platform). Limiting the name is up to these platforms, not to the devs.

What is up to the devs is how many characters they could show of a name. That would be a more sensible suggestion.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Change your name to WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  2. start a 4v4 game
  3. see the map

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Your name will cover the map

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

Hi @VenularTax56063 !

Thanks, I will share this with my team :smiley:

1 Like

Something like this
The Score panel cover too much area of the game when someone name is too long
I know I can switch off the panel but the information that the panel provide is quite important