Linking mods to your Age Insider account / can't unpublish mods

I recently published a basic mod for AoMR - but when I did so, I wasn’t logged in to my account on this site. So now my mod doesn’t appear in my account here.

I’ve tried unpublishing my mod to republish it, but when I try to unpublish I just get a ‘could not connect to server’ error.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Update: I was able to unpublish the mod when logged in to my AoE/Xbox Live Profile account in-game, and then re-publish - but the mod still just shows my Steam details and doesn’t show up here when I look through the My Mods section.

What’s going on there?

Bug that should be reported, It probably still treats Xbox account and Steam account as separate thing. I am not sure if they can be linked.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve logged it as a bug.

I have the accounts linked under ‘Link Steam Account’ on here, but even then it seems to treat Steam as a completely seperate account; the same is true of gameplay stats, even if you’re logged in to Xbox Live in-game. Not sure what the purpose of linking accounts or signing in is!

The Insider account linking is only for the purposes of the Insider program, it doesn’t affect mods or stats. When you log on to the web site, you can select Steam or Xbox and then publish on which ever you want. For in game publishing, I believe it will always use the platform you purchased the game on. So if you purchased on Steam but want to publish with your Xbox account (or vice versa) you would need to publish via the web site vs in game.

1 Like

First I can link steam account to Microsoft account here Profile - Age of Empires - World's Edge Studio

and website still thinks I am two different people

Then I can do the same thing ingame.

Problem is that game and website still thinks that I am two different people. Expected behavior is that once steam account is linked with Microsoft account it doesn’t matter which one I log into, I will see same stuff.

Otherwise the option to link Steam to Microsoft is completely pointless, when it still treats both accounts separately and it depends on which account I logged in…

Thank you for the very clear response! As the previous commenter says above, it would be good if more complete cross-account implementation could be considered to make things simpler - so that mods uploaded from either linked account were consistent across the linked accounts.

Some of the work necessary to do this is already planned and will enable some other additional features for mods, but also will require some UI changes to let you select which account you want to use for publishing. But I agree it would be great to get there.