Loading and playing a saved game does not apply earned experience points

When I load a saved game and play it through, it does not award me with the experience points earned. Yesterday I started a game playing as the Chinese with home city level 11. I saved it in the middle of the game and I hibernated my computer to go to bed. When I turned on my computer this morning, I got the blue screen and had to reopen everything. I loaded and finished the game and earned up to level 14 home city. However, when I exited the post game summary, it showed level 11 again. This is not the first time this has happened. I have experienced this with every AOE 3 game I have played including the original game and the wars of liberty mod. There must be something in the program doing this, and I hoped that it would have been corrected by now. The Definitive Edition does not seem to be able to handle computer hibernation. I want to always be able to get credit for the experience points earned, and I don’t want to have to lose them just because I have to get off the computer or if it crashes. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Is there a way that it can be addressed in an upcoming patch?