Losing vision of units inside allied rams

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: current
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag:

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

Garrisoning units in allied rams makes you lose vision of them if you do not have a market. This results of you being unable to control them until you gain vision back.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Have an ally build a battering ram
  2. garrison your units inside that battering ram without having vision of it with other units
  3. you lose vision
3 Likes

Thanks for reporting this MustySnizl.
This is now being tracked.

2 Likes

Interesting, so it’s the same issue as with your units in Transport Ships converted by the enemy. You can’t control them anymore, but they are still your units and they still count towards your population limit.

1 Like

You can control the units in the rams, but you need vision on them.
I was doing a feudal ram push with a cuman ally yesterday and loading my man at arms into his rams.
The moment I did that I lost vision and control of them. However, after a moment of confusion my ally signaled me the position of the rams. I gained vision with my scout and could ungarison them again (a hotkey for this would be nice as well btw.).
And once you have a market, the issue does not exist anymore either, since you always have vision then.

Also: The report a bug section asks you to upload a replay file. I was trying to do that, but it does not allow the file format of the file.