Low fps in online games since update

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.42346.0 (#107882) 13720908
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
While playing online i have low FPS (jittery slow moving then sudden acceleration of units for 2-3 seconds) whenever units are selected. If i don’t have a unit selected my FPS shoots to 90 FPS and holds steady. As soon as i select a unit (scout/vill) the FPS drops to 15-20 FPS and stays low whilst the unit is selected. if i unselect the unit the FPS shoots back up (even while moving the camera around).

This issue only occurs in multiplayer but is significantly worst is 1v1. i do not have any issues in singleplayer.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
this issue has occured since updating to the latest version of the game on 16/03/24. i had no problem before this (played as recently as last weekend (09/03/24 with no problems at all). i have not made any new updated to my PC in this time.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

100% of the online multiplayer matches i play this occurs

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. start a multiplayer 1v1 game either through ranked or custom game
  2. select a unit
  3. issue happens
  4. deselect unit - problem goes away

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

stable FPS throughout gameplay whether selecting a unit or not

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

image showing low FPS when unit selected. I am a new user and cannot upload other pictures other picture shows same shot with no unit selected and 90 FPS

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• not posting gameplay as low FPS does not show to somebody else