Low Graphics Suck even with Specs better than Minimum Specs

So, I’m very excited for the game. I bought it as soon as it was available for pre-order. I played the Technical Stress test on a laptop with higher specs compared to the Min Specs. The game was slow and laggy. The farms were flickering all the time. Can anyone help me fix it? Or is it supposed to be like that?

Minimum Specs mentioned are:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system.

• Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U or AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Graphics: Intel HD 520 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 11
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Additional Notes: CPU with AVX support required

Here are my system specs:

Hi @talhaasaleem, There was a graphics issue during the most recent preview event. If there is another preview event before release, please update your integrated graphics drivers from the Intel website. Please report any issues you may experience at that time. Otherwise, from what I can see your laptop should play the game well because the specs are well above the minimum required. If you could switch to a recent external GPU your performance would be inline with most gaming desktops.

8 Likes

Only thing that can make a issue is long loading times. Since there is only a 128GB SSD. Unless you had space to install on it.

1 Like

Thanks man for the update.

I will check if there is any other preview event before final release.

I cannot use external GPU because my laptop does not have Thunderbolt 3. It has USB C port but its not Thunderbolt 3 which is required for external GPU. Or do I have some options?

2 Likes

You are right. There were long loading times. I had less space so I installed it on my HDD.

I’ll try next preview on SSD. I can clean up some tools that I rarely use.

It is very likely that since it was a beta it wasn’t fully optimized.
One of my friends couldn’t run the closed beta properly but the open beta ran smoothly for him, so there are hopes that the full game should still work on your laptop.
Best thing to do is to email aoeinsidersupport@microsoft.com and give them your dxdiag in txt format and they will let you know more accurately

1 Like

One thing I think they could optimize is the English farms. When they can collect golds in the later game, they slow the game because the animation of coins every second.

1 Like

I see. I hope they fix it.

I have emailed them the dxdiag file to optimize the game.

We definitely need another preview, to check if the dude’s hardware settings work with the game. We just can’t launch a game with this sort of issues. It will definitely cause a backlash.

4 Likes

Really worried since I thought game would work without any issues with good graphics. I hope they optimize it.

i would not count on any graphic that is less than 1650 from nvidia to play it in good manner. min spec can be a joke, they had the same in 2DE on release at least.

1 Like

Check out the video of the farms flickering.

Will I be able to run this game with Geforce 940m 4Gb and 8gb RAM on medium or high settings? During the stress test I got it locked on low and couldn’t change it despite updating my gpu drivers.

I have heard some people saying that there were some graphic bugs but I can’t confirm it 100%.
My friend had all specs higher than recommended except for ram which was around 8gb and he got locked on low settings so I think that may be a ram issue.

I don’t think so, i have 8gb and didn’t get locked.

That is interesting. I guess we have to wait for the full game to come out to really know.

Hopefully the game works okay for you. I’m thinking your issues are from the graphics issues RadiatingBlade said, specific to the stress test only. I have pretty high PC specs, and yet I saw a fair amount of glitching here and there of various things, including the unit color bands flickering sometimes, as seen here:

If you pre-ordered/get the game on Steam, I think I’ve heard they have a decent return policy (get your money back and game deleted from your library), if it ends up not working out for you… but I think you only have a few days or up to 7 days; something like that. I’d have to imagine graphics glitches like you or I noted would be resolved for launch or shortly thereafter, though. They may also end up being pretty open about communicating known issues and their plans or road-map to fix them post-launch, so I don’t know if I’d worry to much at this point

Pretty sure I heard this happening to several players in the stress test, and that it wasn’t meant to be. (Or maybe it was just meant to be but for the stress test only?) Either way, I’d be really surprised if you had no way to customize the graphics upon release, no matter how low or high your PC specs are

I had this same issue with an older laptop with integrated graphics, actually the farms would completely flicker in and out of existence lol. Its probably just a weird optimization edge case that they havent covered yet, so id do what someone said above and provide them with a dxdiag and description/video of the issue so they can take care of it before launch.

I have shared the video and details with them.

I hope all works out great. Really excited for the game.