Ludicrous Zoom Bug - shadows don't render for objects on right side of screen

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build on steam / windows sotre
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Windows Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

See title. Basically right side of the screen doesn’t render shadows / possibly other graphics or shader details. Could be a LOD distance scaling issue, idk. Happens 100% on Windows Store and Steam version of the game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    Edit: can repro on windows store version and on a different system (3070 TI).

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. 4K or higher (8K) resolution.
  2. Make sure settings are at max.
  3. Make sure ludicrous zoom is on.
  4. Move the map around while keeping buildings / objects / whatever in screen, and see that the shadows won’t render.

I’m on RTX 4090, but also reproducible with a 3080 and 3070 Ti using a wide range of nvidia drivers.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Shadows should render.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

3 Likes

bumping this up, since there’s no reason this bug should have made it to production with some basic sanity testing

edit: Your post was flagged as inappropriate : the community feels it is offensive, abusive, to be hateful conduct or a violation of our community guidelines. really guys?

Reminds me of this

Still haven’t heard back, and it still has yet to be resolved :frowning: Such a glaring issue, hoping it can at least be acknowledged.

Is this a joke? A full patch later, this bug is still ignored. Not even acknowledged.

Hilarious since this is 100% REPRODUCIBLE ON ANY SETUP.

It’s a noncritical bug in one of the more technically difficult fields (graphcs engineering). It probably has a low priority on the devs’ issue list.

Also, note that Ludicrous Zoom is under the “Beta Settings” category in the options. As long as it’s labeled that, it’s still considered an incomplete feature, with all that entails. (Though I’m not sure the Reddit video I linked is recorded under Ludicrous Zoom.)

1 Like