- Build: 37906
- Platform: Steam
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Gamertag: Educating Rita
When you build a new lumber camp very near some lumberjacks and their target tree(s), said lumberjacks will run into the foundation, go idle, and never recover without being manually reassigned.
Here’s how to reproduce the issue:
- In a given area, build a lumber camp at least 4-5 tiles from a woodline and task a good number of villagers, maybe 10+, to a close cluster of nearby trees.
- Select one or more of the lumberjacks, but not all of them.
- Build a lumber camp that obstructs the area near their trees. (It may have to be on top of where some of them are now, forcing them to move.)
- They will build the camp. Some of the other lumberjacks will run into the foundation and turn idle.
This doesn’t happen all the time. I provided a scenario and replay where you can easily get it to happen at least once by building a few camps in the manner shown. Watch the idles rack up.
This gets me every lategame…