Mac User Question

Hi everyone, I have a 2017 MacBook Pro and don’t know if I can play AOE4 on it. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have any M1 chip. I don’t know much about computers but have seen BootCamp can possibly be used to run it.
When I go to install Bootcamp it says I need to allocate some space only for bootcamp so I want to make sure to know if it’s gonna work or not before I do that. Any advice/help is appreciated.

Here’s some of the specs:
Processor: 3.1Ghz dual core intel core i5
Memory: 8gb 2133 MHz
Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Here’s the update: I was able to install Windows 10 Home 64bit on the mac with bootcamp. I downloaded the game but the new issue is that when I start the game up it says only 3.5gb RAM are being used for the game. The laptop has 8gb of RAM, and when I look at the laptop specs while on Windows 10 it says the laptop has 8gb of RAM. So it doesn’t appear to be an allocation of RAM to Windows issue. So unfortunately in game looks like pac-man.

I have same issue.
Anyone knows how to solve it?
I did a partition with bootcamp with windows 10 and my iMac has 8gb Ram.
But it appear this message as well.

On the other hand it says also my AMD has some issues too. But all the drivers are updated

Hi I am also using bootcamp and having troubles with it. It loads up but when it gets onto the main loading screen after the developer intro it just crashes with no error.

I have updated all my drivers and windows and OS systems.

I have Macbook pro 2019, Intel i9 processor, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M, 32GB, Windows 10

I meet all of the requirements but its still crashing :frowning:

1 Like

Exactly. I did the same.

All drivers update. 8 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 , and windows 10 completly empty. Only install for AGE 4

And still is crashing onto the loading screen.

I hope someone find a way. It never happens before with any other game, neither any of the preview Age Of empires

I am trying to look into the AMD Radeon settings but it doesnt seem to want to open up I just keep getting errors so not sure if its something related to that

Hey so I got mine working!!

Download and install the correct driver from here and hopefully that should get it going. In general make sure everything else like windows is updated. (You’ll probably need the second driver not the first one)

1 Like

Thanks!! it works!!

thank you for your help!!!

I don’t think this works on my Mac. I don’t think I have the same graphics card or GPU or whatever it is. My mac is a 2017 13inch Macbook Pro retina. Here is what I have:

Processor: 3.1Ghz dual core intel core i5
Memory: 8gb 2133 MHz
Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Is there something like that AMD/Radeon thing that will work for my computer?