MAINTENANCE, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Make a poll, I hope it will NEVER change :slight_smile:

Dude, I live in Ireland. It’s nowhere near prime time in Europe. They pre-announce literally all maintenance. The time was literally near midnight here.

Edit: Look, it’s literally already over as soon as I wrote this.

2 Likes

school or work is normally from 8 - 18 and a normal playtime is from 20-24h and in this timeframe there is maintenance

EDIT: I know, i am back online, 1 hour later, but nobody know it could have been another hour to wait or go to sleep without playing

1 Like

My opinion about their work hours and a suggestion to make a poll because the game is not supposed to change to fit your liking, but the majority’s.

Edit: that’s trolling? Ok…

is from europe and the maintanance in prime time

To 18:00?? Isn’t it normal 14:00 to 16:00? Or at least it might be here, idk about where you’re at.

1 Like

Like I said, make a poll, because currently, the majority of Europeans in your own thread are disagreeing with you… If you want to make your case that Europe dislikes this maintenance schedule, make a poll…

Lol dude, you need to walk away.

You are calling people trolls-- and thinking somehow that complaining about maintenance will make maintenance stop. – And even if complaining moves the time of the maintenance-- It will variably affect other people.

I believe that no matter what time period the official personnel choose to repair the server, they will encounter the “prime time” of certain players on this earth.

There’s a lot of bickering, but I have some constructive feedback.

AoE2 DE gave several messages in global chat before each maintenance period. AoE4 posts a global announcement in the news section, with a headline that there will be maintenance, but you have to click through and read the article, then translate the posted times to your own time zone. I believe AoE2 also had a warning when you tried to start a new game less than an hour before scheduled maintenance. In both ways, AoE2 handled maintenance better than the newer game.

AoE4 should make several live announcements about upcoming maintenance, both in the main menu / lobby, and during ongoing games. Just getting booted mid-game, acting like your internet connection went down, is objectively bad, and they should improve the way it’s handled.

1 Like

That would be good for sure, to be fair though, at least on steam-- there is news right in front of your face, it was on the main screen, its at the top of the forums for a bit–

So even if you didn’t know the time-- you knew that X day-- the servers are going down at some point. To get frustrated at that is like getting mad at 4 o’clock traffic. You know its going to happen–

Isn’t this the usual maintenance time for aoe games?