Maj+Middle Button and Ctrl+Maj+Middle Button hotkeys not working properly since new patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Build 61321
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Maj+Middle Button and Ctrl+Maj+Middle Button hotkeys are not working properly since new patch. I have “Select All Market” on Maj+Middle Button, but I have to do Ctrl+Middle Button instead now. Also, I have Ctrl+Maj+Middle Button for “Go to Market” but it doesn’t work anymore and now does “Select All Market” (Ctrl+Middle Button) instead.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Assign Maj+Middle Button (mouse wheel click) to Select All Market
  2. Assign Ctrl+Maj+Middle Button to Go to Market
    3.Test In game with more than 2 Market: Go to Market doesn’t work and you need to press Ctrl+Middle Button to Select All Market
    4.Assign Ctrl+Middle Button (mouse wheel click) to Select All Market to verify that nothing changed despite being a different hotkey

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Maj+Middle Button selects all Market, Ctrl+Maj+Middle Button cycles through Markets and I can assign a different hotkey with ctrl+Middle Button without interf

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Go to Markets
Select all Markets

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*Not Applicable

3 Likes

very annoying bug since I have select all idle vills on middle button + shift

likewise, middle button + alt doesn’t work either

2 Likes

i have select all idle villagers: ctrl + middle button

not working anymore omg

1 Like

i already reported this here. have the same.

Hi
Somehow when you have select all iddle villager set as “Shift+ Middle button” and not having “CTRL + Middle button” set somewhere else, By pressing “CTRL + Middle button” you could select all Iddle villagers. :crazy_face:
The opposite doesn’t work

Hi everyone!

Thanks, we are already tracking this issue!

2 Likes

Similar here, I have my middle mouse button assigned to military unit production. It works solo, but when i use shift + middle mouse button i can’t produce multiple units.
And my extra mouse button also doesn’t work. It’s a logitech mouse with G Hub so the extra mouse button is assigned to produce an “Y” letter when pressed. When I press the Y on keyboard the military units are produced, no problem. When I press the extra mouse button on chat, the letter Y gets typed. But when I used it to military production nothing happens.
Both bugs started with this latest update from 27 Apr.

I have the same configuration and also have the issue with my hotkeys. Its a very annoying bug :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Here is what worked as a temporary workaround for me: I used my mouse software to map the middle mouse button into a keyboard key. Then I changed all my hotkeys to use this key instead of the mouse. At least now I can play using hotkeys again.

1 Like