[Major Bug - Editor(Cricitcal)] Elevation strange bug

:play_button: GAME INFORMATION

:backhand_index_pointing_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

  • GAME BUILD #: #185872
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:play_button: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:backhand_index_pointing_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Some extra-elevations spawns when connection to some others. It’s hard to describe as I’m french-speakr at first so I’ve recorded it.

:play_button: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:backhand_index_pointing_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:play_button: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:backhand_index_pointing_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

  1. Set elevations to 2
  2. Set size to smallest
  3. Do as I recorded

:play_button: EXPECTED RESULT

:backhand_index_pointing_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Elevations to behave like it’s doing before the bug happens.

:play_button: IMAGE

:backhand_index_pointing_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:play_button: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:backhand_index_pointing_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

  • #N/A

Interesting… My first idea would be it has to do with how isometric works. I am uncertain but, I *think* it may be intentional? …Maybe not? …I am unsure. I know that diagonals have strange results with hills. This game does have weird rules when it comes to elevation since it MUST be 1 height difference via radius. It’s not like Roller Coaster Tycoon rules. (Sadly, but, I kind of wish it was.)