Major graphics upgrade but just minor feature upgrade?

I would say it’s just a minor overhaul of graphics and leave it with limped gameplay that isn’t up to par with modern standards!

Where did the Gate, garrison, formation …etc etc go?

On top of that I need 100 wood per tree, 40 wood is WAY too little! …(why I loooove black forest …ahem…)

Self trade! There’s nothing worse than having 1v1 and you can’t trade contrary 2v2++!

Wonders should generate gold!

TownCenters should generate 1 stone / sec, 1 stone max so you can’t exploit it by building multiple TC.

Temples should generate 1 gold / sec, and limited to 1 gold so you can’t exploit it by building multiple temples.

Fishing spots should recover after being depleted.

Game Lobby

• ban player
  • right click add to friendlist
  • chat lobby
  • private lobby
  • promote mod for private lobby
  • set rating range say 1800 - 1900 rated players, so obnoxious n00bs won’t join.
  • allow to make and save 10 preset search categories
  • lobby has 3 taps categories “RM” “DM” “Custom Scenario”
  • search list will display in chronological order 1v1, 2v2 etc
  • search filter will remove unwanted maps and numbers of players like 1v1 etc.

This is AoE 1, not a new AoE there is no need to change what made this game great.
It’s NOT a modern RTS it came out in 97, they dont need to make it modern.
If you dont like the fact they want to keep it as close to the original as possible then just keep playing 2/3

@“Sky Maniac” said:
This is AoE 1, not a new AoE there is no need to change what made this game great.
If you dont like the fact they want to keep it as close to the original as possible then just keep playing 2/3

Its not aoe1 its aoe-de and it is confirmed that tmultiplayer will be strongly developed.

@Amphiprion said:

@“Sky Maniac” said:

Its not aoe1 its aoe-de and it is confirmed that tmultiplayer will be strongly developed.

alright, its AoE: DE - a remaster of AoE 1, not a re-make
Point is they aren’t changing it that much.

They improve a little the gameplay but they want develop drasticly all multiplayer aspect. This is official so it’s not in debate.

@“Sky Maniac” said:
I don’t understand your reluctance to improvement, it will attract new crowds of players, and M$ will greatly benefit from more players, means more patches and more expansions, more quality over all, everybody is happy!

Lets just say that a re-master usually doesn’t include a lot of new features. I’m sure as AoE DE becomes popular that over time new features will certainly be considered.

Exactly, it’s important that we understand what this game is. They are using the same engine, the same base game, just providing it with a little (well, a LOT) of polish.

If I were to guess, and judging by the posts on the forums some other people agree, I would say that this remaster is a prelude to AoE IV which as an entirely new game would include all of the features that people think are “missing”.

AoE DE is a remaster, not a remake.

@“ExTiNcT SaNitY” said:

@“Sky Maniac” said:
I don’t understand your reluctance to improvement, it will attract new crowds of players, and M$ will greatly benefit from more players, means more patches and more expansions, more quality over all, everybody is happy!

purely because it doesn’t need improving and like I said its a remaster not a remake…

all these features people want are available in the sequels.

@“ExTiNcT SaNitY” said:
On top of that I need 100 wood per tree, 40 wood is WAY too little!

If you want to see workers work in the same area for the majority of the game then I recommend SC2. What makes AoE1 fun is how recources like trees are quickly pushed back by gathering them and that the landscape is constantly changing. Chopping wood in AoE2 is trivial compared to AoE1 because the amount of wood in trees means that it will rarley effect how the map is played, in AoE1 it is affecting every map and it gives the game a great momentum as it progresses.

@GepardenKalle said:

@“ExTiNcT SaNitY” said:
On top of that I need 100 wood per tree, 40 wood is WAY too little!

If you want to see workers work in the same area for the majority of the game then I recommend SC2. What makes AoE1 fun is how recources like trees are quickly pushed back by gathering them and that the landscape is constantly changing. Chopping wood in AoE2 is trivial compared to AoE1 because the amount of wood in trees means that it will rarley effect how the map is played, in AoE1 it is affecting every map and it gives the game a great momentum as it progresses.

I agree with what you are saying here @GepardenKalle . As the game progresses you have to compete for resources with other players and this adds another level to the game which only serves to enhance the gameplay.