Major lag - Game unplayable

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.15522.0 (#81058) 10944061
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 /

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Every single game since the new patch, I have massive lag spikes multiple times during games. The game will freeze with no input for up to a minute. This seems to happen from late feudal/castle age onwardsThe game is completely unplayable in the current state. I get attacked, then the game freezes, or i’m attacking, the game freezes and my army is dead when it comes back.

Speaking to people in game it’s apparent it is a widespread issue.

My ranked benchmark is 1088.7 situated in east Canada.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play the game online 1 v1

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The game should play, no freezes or massive lag.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

N/A

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

N/A

rubber banding sounds more like an internet issue or connection with MS’s server, does this happen on other online games u play?

1 Like

Hi

I don’t play any other games. I never had this issue to the same extent as with the new patch before. Previously you might get a small amount of lag in game and a quick catch up. But now my icon goes red. Ping drops way down, everything freezes and it’s up to a minute of inactivity most times compared to 10 seconds or so previously.

I don’t notice any other internet related issues such as when working, or streaming etc.

the clock icon is now hardware related iirc compare to the very old age of kings where its latency related.

though your benchmark score seems decent enough to not cause red icon, honestly can’t say for sure. you may need some monitoring tools such as hwinfo that can monitor your performance, including something that can monitor your internet latency on a graph for a duration of maybe over several games to find out the cause before even tackling it.

since this game was designed for dialup back in the day, it uses very little internet, so the only issue here if it was internet, it’d be consistency and latency.

Got the same issue in single player. The task manager shows at one point that it is using 96% of my processor power.