I am surprised that very few people complain about that, but i see some major problems that are unsolved and i think it is important that we highlight them. I feel the game just fails in the most elemental things and because of these reasons it will never grow big in player base:
- The experience for new players/beginners is horrible, most of them play in the “lobby browser”, where many rooms are bugged, it does not refresh well, people who host rooms can be afk (and the game does not tell you) and plenty weird errors when joining rooms that would frustrate anyone.
- New players/beginners are bashed/smurfed without any consecuences and whout any mechanism to at least make it harder to smurf.
- Most of team games are ruined because people just quit at the very beginning, again: no mechanism to prevent or punish toxic behavior.
- Most players dont want to play ranked and the game keeps telling that these people have 0 games. There is no way to tell if a player is experienced or not, you cant even see the number of games played. The game MUST offer something for these players that DONT want to play ranked.
- We are in 2023 and the game interface is as terrible as in year 2000.
- There is no option to talk to players and make friends or make the community grow (also probably due to the shit interface).
I like the game and i am very disappointed that they put the focus on making useless patches and adding useless civs like romans, while the game is failing at most basic principles of any multiplayer game: not taking care of the playerbase.