Make arrow knights 1 pop

if a unit is going to mass counter artillery and abstract infantry, it certainly would have to be reclassified to be countered by ranged cavalry otherwise it would be too effective against too many things with too few counters.

Also, hand mortars are great vs artillery and buildings, which makes them a good template for keeping arrow knights in their current role, but based on a unit we already know actually does the job well.

As for massed skirms, yeah I talk about this a lot in my aztec guide. Aztec lacks an area clear anti-infantry but at the moment I don’t see a clear fix for that unless aztec is going to get either a new unit, access to light cannon, or an entire rework of the jpk unit, which i think is unlikely

For mass infantry we can add a bonus vs skirmishers to AK or Coyotes like asians have. You can kill tgem with melee units

Yes maybe add infantry multiplier to skull knights similar to the lancer and take away its current bonuses and but keep multiplier vs cav. Also changing its armor to ranged resist could help with the artillery problem.

This is definitely not a good idea :smiley:
Skull Knight is already capable of killing almost any unit in a game if it gets close. He doesn’t need more multipliers. And he also can’t be trained normally and is not available until Age IV so he is not a good option for that purpose.

With base speed 4.0 he will be killed before he reaches Skirmisher mass or artillery anyway.

1 Like

nah arrow knights need to remain 2 pop. there was a strategy that popped up maybe 6 months ago by an ex-top player (think it was irish faithful?, but cant remember exactly), that involved turtling with improved buildings and lots of war huts, nobles huts, and pure AK production. It was a very very lame strategy (the AKs outrange everything and cannons can’t be used to kill the buildings), and the 2 pop limit on the AK is the only thing holding it back. The AK’s reach critical mass and they start being able to kill non-cannon things, and they never ever die. The only thing you could do to stop it was basically go age 5, and make tons of muskets and ignore his AK’s the best you can while trading horribly. some civs can’t beat it.