Malians Camels new bonus

Knights do have bonus damage resistance too then because eles take extra damage.

Champions have bonus damage resistance as well. Because spears take bonus damage from archers.

:wink::wink:

I think it was supposed to be a lateral change. A minor nerf to the early game in exchange for a fair boost to the late game (how often are matches determined by the first gold mining tech?)

Yes if you want to be right and not look at the facts. Then yes this is true. Most civs with the flexibility of malians don’t have the eco /military bonuses malians have.

Farimba is also a very sizeable powerspike on more units, sooner than other civ’s end game stuff

1 Like

Cataphracts say hi.

Which would be bonus damage resistance.

Because the armor class is resistinv bonus damage by being positive.

No. Camel armor is not multiplitive at all. Its a set amount. Pikes do 18 damage to camels.

Rather than saying Knights have bonus damage resistance (which is technically correct considering what you consider your base line), you can say Elephants have negative bonus damage resistance, as I said.

Except Archers do not deal bonus damage to Champions. The only units which deals bonus damage to both Infantry and Spearmen are Plumed Archers and Hand Cannoneers (if I remember correctly, maybe Slingers too).

Except thats just wrong.

Bonus damage resistance would mean you’re resisting the bonus damage. Which is not whats happening.

That bonus armor was also introduced in AoC 11

When you set 2 things, you can always find a ratio among them. Pikes do +22 vs Cavalry and +18 vs Camels, that’s an 18% resistance.

But then you say Cataphracts have bonus damage resistance, despite them having additive armor.

Yes, it was. But again the point is bonus damage resistance is not the same as camels taking less damage from pikes.

Nope. Resistance is resisting bonus damage.

They are not resisting damage if they are only intended to take 18 damage instead of 22.

By your logic are swordsman bonus damsge resistinv because archers do extra dmg to pikes but not them?

They are not rwsisting it. Show me the positive camel armor class.

Say that again, but slowly

I definitely enjoy the game not playing meta. Your elo will take a knock but I think the games are more enjoyable

For example my opponent reminded how funny it is to face Malay elephants on arabia.

You don’t have to copy the pros (or conversely you can copy viper and his antics)

Because they are resisting 12 or 16 damage the camel is not.

The camel is intended to rake 18 bonus damage. It is not intended to take the same bonus damage as the knight.

Is the knight bonus damsge resistance because elephants take more damage?

They are taking different bonus damages by DESIGN. not because they are supposed to br bonus damage resistant.

Sicilians are bonus damage resistant.
Cataphracts and armored elephants are bonus damage resistant.

Bonus damage resistance is done with positive armor classes or bonuses like sicilians. Show me the positive armor class on camels.

I can get behind that, considering their usually wacky composition.

Its more than a minor nerf, it made Malian archers way weaker than what they used to be

Also Malian late game is kind of bad if not mediocre at best, they are supposed to be a civ that is stronger in the early game

I Will just say: The civs i think that have the mostly perfect balance now it’s: Magyars, Malians and Ethiopians. I never read a single post suggesting changes for these civs, before i read this one.

3 Likes

Magyars are straight up bad until post imp, and there are various early eco bonus suggestions on them every month here.

they need 50% less bonus damage and 25% faster speed

Then i’m pretty blind so. I never saw something on them.

My up post also affect Koreans and Mongols by what i’ve seen. Berbers too. I feel them perfectly balanced!

I think their stable units should have +1 attack per age, starting in castle age. Then nerf their UT from +5 attack to +3 and reduce the price tag. This is basically the same treatment as Saracens.

Not every civ with access to camels needs bonuses early on. After farimba their camels are already a comparably well rounded unit. Also malians aren’t a camel civ but one that is supposed to shine by versatility. I’m not sure if a change to them is needed but that might be a fair argument as they lost some early game strenghts and instead got a late game buff while they still have an awkward transition into late game (gold lasting longer does not really help set up late game it rather helps when you already got there).

So if there was a change to be made for them I’d rather give them bracer rhan further buff their camels. This way they could continue the archer play a bit longer. Maybe remove arb in exchange. Even if you wouldn’t go early imp xbows then (although that’s certainly better than playing arb without bracer) you could go skirm for a while as archer counter and this way have more time to get to champskarl transition.

2 Likes

Eh I dont think Bracer is the ideañ change to Malians, if anything I think we should give them an stronger early game again (maybe buffing the building bonus) although if you give them Bracer, they should keep arbs

Would it be broken to give back the farm discount? I kno it’s a very common building but… can’t be sure since it’s 9w. So any thoughts?

1 Like