Maltese church card techs

Among all church cards I thought Maltese ones are some of the most underwhelming, the only good one is crusader knights, which makes hospitallers and sentinels gain bonus enemy town and not too pricy(250W), but the other two, teutonic knights, making hospitallers 20% slower and 25% more attack is really meh, slowing melee infantry is suicide, (few people use corselet) and spawn one hospitaller for each hospital for a cost of 1500!!! Wood!!! I mean you need to build a ton of hospitals first THEN SPEND 1500 wood for this tech, who would actually use it??
Does Maltese church card need a buff?

5 Likes

The wood for knights isn’t bad in treaty. It allows a significant overpop.

The speed for damage isn’t great.

Imo I’d probably reduce the speed penalty on the damage tech and add a forth tech as something of an “Order Combat” tech. It would need to be somewhat pricey to counteract the massive strength of shadow teching units, but it would be nice to have.

Spped penalty should be -10% and it should be +25% HP which would actually be useful not more attack.

3 Likes

I mean. If its not for treaty its pretty ###### expensive mate. Haha. However if you somehow get 8 hospitals and pop that church tech it would still cost 2300 wood

1 Like

in 1v1 you can do the same with the hospitaller cards that send you 5 per fort, the church tech is only exclusively for overpop in treaty as in hospitals alone it would cost 2k wood plus the cost of the tech itself.

2 Likes

Maltas advanced church is a joke, the only useful tech is the one that gives Hospitallers and Sentinels the building boost near enemy buildings a well. The other tech locks the crusader helmets behind a crap tech that slows down your Hospitallers for little damage in return to add insult to injury. I hope they continue to rework techs with speed penalties, they actually changed many to at least get the speed back to standard with military drummers and liberation march for Spain as well as changing the bank tech for Dutch.

2 Likes

I would also be nice if Brits could re-send drummers.

2 Likes