Mangonel Delete Bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 45340
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When you delete a mangonel that is on downhill, it does full damage instead of doing -25% damage. So, this bug prevails as most of the competitive scene is abusing it for a couple of years. Would love to get it fixed.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Always - 100% of the time.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open scenario editor, make some hills.
  2. Put a mangonel on downhill and another mangonel (enemy mangonel) on uphill.
  3. Start shooting with the mangonel on downhill and delete it. Look at the deleted mangonel doing full damage on the enemy mangonel.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The mangonel on downhill should do 25% less damage instead of full damage. As a result, the mangonel on uphill should survive a shot from the mangonel on downhill.

:arrow_forward: VIDEO

7 Likes

idk why they still haven’t fixed this…

1 Like

Cause its not a bug - Its a feature - please dont take away even more skill from the game

4 Likes

Lmao, deathcounter, how is this a skill?

2 Likes

I would say its a bug. Because doing this is just exploiting the game and nothing else.

3 Likes

I think you were one of those who would complain palisade scanning is a feature. Straggler laming is a feature and so on.

Glitches do not always have to be removed. There are games like Smash Bros that have become extremely popular specifically because of unintended mechanics (which ended up making the gameplay deeper).

If a glitch is particularly ridiculous and promotes uninteresting gameplay then I’m all for removing it, but that’s not the case of mangonel delete, which often creates comeback situations and is 100% based on the skill of both players.

2 Likes

using hills is a skill. dying because someone tricks when you are up hill should not be possible.

4 Likes

I fully agree with you. Skill is one thing, exploiting a bug for strategic advantages is complete unfairness for those playing by the rules, even pro players.

2 Likes

What’s more, the risk is huge. If it were a free way to overcome the hill advantage, it might be unfair. But avoiding wasting a mangonel requires excellent execution.

1 Like

I would like this to be fixed as it’s not intentional, and does not follow the game’s logic.

1 Like

The skill is to aim properly with manual shots, winning the mind games against your opponent. This bug go against a real game´s feature…

1 Like

Without that delete only one side loses mangonel while using that bug both may lose it so its unfair.

2 Likes

Yes, but if executed wrong (i.e. not enough skill), you sacrifice a mangonel for nothing by deleting it when the shot doesn’t land anyway. You see this even in pro games. The execution has to be pretty clutch…

1 Like

Yes, but if that thing wouldn’t be there then you would never consider to delete your own unit in order to kill enemy. If unit would possess self destruct as an option beside normally attacking then that’s different, like Harkonen devastator had in Dune series.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, thanks for the report, this issue is now tracked by our team!

3 Likes