Mangonels nerfed in new sever side patch!

Mangonels nerfed, scout can no longer stop villagers from gathering resources, rams better against walls and more!

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-of-empires-iv-server-side-patch-12973/

10 Likes

Next meta by Beasty:

1 Like

Yes, Grenadiers are broken. Even if you can make them in Ming dynasty (2x Imperial). In 1 vs 1 almost imposible to make, in Tg imposible (almost) to deal with them. Broken unit.

BROKEN

1 Like

Mangos got shitcanned to the point its not worth making them in 1v1/competitive at this point. Won’t fix the issue at all in team games just because players are generally worse and maps aren’t going to do them any favors. Indirect buff to the CHN because even if NOB is a trash unit its still 10 times better than current mangos funnily enough lmao.

1 Like

About time they nerfed siege. Honestly though mangonels aren’t the problem it’s bombards and nest of bees

3 Likes

I’m highly impressed. Highly impressed.

Lovely to see Rams receiving the love they deserve. Time to rush with slightly more success.

4 Likes

Now more than half of the forum you can not complain.

5 Likes

if they can hotfix the game as fast as they said , they probably can deliver an small patch to tune that lmao

1 Like

We can, and will, continue to complain, but maybe not about the time it takes to see change. :smiley:

This update came quickly and I like it very much.

Honestly, I prefer to see small but quick updates like this, showing the developer’s passion and flexibility for the game, and I don’t want to wait a few weeks for a big update every time. Having both will be fine.

7 Likes

Don’t doubt that, just showing what needs to be fixed aswell. I would reduce their hp and keep the dmg.

1 Like

Better late then never.
Good work devs. no more mass Mangonel spam in 4 v 4 I can hope.

Grenidiers are not OP. The cost to getting to them and then making them almost makes them not worth it now as it is.

6 Likes

Exactly. They get stuck on single unit/civ and keep nerfing/buffing it. Mongos were nerfed to ground. Now they are pretty much useless. So expensive and you only get to do one shot because infantry can easily catch-up and burn it down. Welcome now!!! Just spam spearman and rams you win the game.

This is so stupid that this unit has not been fixed for this long. Single granadier is stronger than a mangonel.

OMG iam so happy with this mangonnels nerf. :smiley:

Now they have to nerf : Grenadier(This is a cheat code lol), strelsy (Less HP), arbalest(Less bonus damage) and handcannoner (Less HP).

Then we will have a good game!

3 Likes

and longbows, they need to nerf every ranged unit pretty much.

The problem with longbows is the x2 prod on landmark not their power. Also at top level english is not that good.

Council shoud prod x1.5 but 3 units (maa, archers, scouts) !

the problem is that ranged units never miss their target.

1 Like

so the siege is no longer worth it, thank so many threads, of low elo, with the same complaint

Let’s wait how they develop in the Golden

1 Like

Better late then never.
Good work devs. no more mass Mangonel spam in 4 v 4 I can hope.

Out of curiosity, are you for or against the mango nerf? I can’t tell based on your conflicting reply here and in this thread.

Imo the nerf is overdone and will result in ranged inf masses having no reliable counter. Time will tell, and if so I’m hopeful the devs rethink the tuning to mangos.

I’m more in favor of suggestions I’ve seen for lowered health, speed, and/or min firing range. I also acknowledge the struggle of balancing mango for team games and 1v1s.