Map Editor bug / bad code, random map generation and play placement completely messed up

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: Latest
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 7
  • Gamertag:

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Whenever I create a new Black Forest random map in the editor, the placement of player spawns and town centers are completely bugged out. Players generate literally next to one another, the town center for red player is maybe two or three tiles away from green player. Also, the roads and pathways between allies is a mess, with four way stops and intersections needlessly sprinkled around.

The first thought you may have is if my diplomacy settings are correct, which they are. The priority placement is also correct, everyone is set to 0. I make many maps for my friends and I to play on and I never had this issue with the same settings in the HD edition and did not have this issue with DE until recently.

I have tried creating other map types in the editor and it is the same result, albeit not as terrible as Black Forest. If any additional information is needed please let me know, but otherwise this is a simple bug to test and see for yourself. I have already tried reinstalling and verifying the game files

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Open Editor
  2. Create Random Map in Black Forest
  3. Disappointment

Hey there! Would you mind including screenshots of the issue and the generation settings you are using? Likewise, if you could save out the file and share it here, it will give our QA team something to work with as they dig into the issue.

Thanks for the report!

I am using these generation settings

Random Map
Map Size, currently using Normal or Large but it can happen with any map
Random Map Location, Black Forest, but happens on Arabia, etc.
AI Map Type, whichever the map is, Black Forest for instance
Color Mode, always Empty, but changes the Mood whenever the map is initially created
Number of Players, currently using 6 player but it can happen with any amount of players
Diplomacy, 3v3, correctly marked, but can happen with any variation of teams

Everything else is standard, and I have created entire new scenarios using the Create Scenario option. I don’t have any files to provide you but I have a screenshot of the typical result from the messy generated scenarios. By files do you mean to simply save the actual scenario file and upload it here? If so I can do that, let me know, thank you very much for your time

1 Like

This has been ongoing for 2 patches. Blackforest became more early agressive focused with these generation which isn’t what the map is supposed to be. It is a mess in randomness.

Thanks for the additional settings notes and for the screenshot! I’ve attached these to our tracking task and passed it all along to the team. When they reproduce the issue, I’ll be sure to get it added to our Known Issues page so you can keep an eye on it.

Thanks again!