Maphack is possible on DE

@DirefulLily9407 I believe the wrong player has been banned. Let me copy-paste the post I made on the esoc forums:

"
Did they ban the wrong player? The cheater changed his name to a longer one (7 chinese characters), but I still see him on the leaderboard. Meanwhile another player on the leaderboard, who also used a name consisting of 2 asian characters, has since disappeared. This other player was legit AFAIK, but since he is gone now I’m guessing the devs thought he was the cheater and banned him instead.

The cheater’s old name was 尼哥, which he has since changed to 自力后悔没拔X (I don’t recognize the last character in his name so I cannot type it). This player is still on the leaderboard (at the time of writing he has 66 wins, 34 losses, and is ranked 55).

The player who I think was banned instead was named 列車. I am almost certain the second character here is Japanese, and not Chinese. I remember very clearly that this player had over 100 wins and around 30-60 losses, and was top 20-30. I also remember observing some of his games out of curiosity, and he seemed totally legit as far as I can tell. He is now gone. I don’t think he changed his name, either - I cannot find another name on the leaderboard with the same win/loss, who is also new to me.

It would be rather sad if the developers, having put so much effort into historical accuracy for native cultures, mistakenly ban a player because they cannot differentiate Chinese from Japanese.

"

Merry Christmas, by the way.

1 Like

the last character of the cheater’s ID is 屌. And 車 is Chinese character not only used in Japanese, it is also used in Traditional Chinese, its simplified character is 车.

1 Like

Can developers declare who is banned?

The cheater’s old name is “尼哥“ (which pronounce nig-ger”). Then he changed his name. I guess "自力后悔没拔屌” (which means di-ck) is his new name but i can’t verify.

“列車” is not the cheater. The two character may be traditional chinese or japanese. I don’t know him, but his name has been on the leaderboard a long time ago. Much earlier than 尼哥. So he cannot be the cheater.

Is 列車 been banned? There were some japanese name on the leaderboard like 良/震动, 临时秘书,but i don’t know whether they are banned or just change their name.

自力后悔没拔屌 is still on the leaderboard. Now he ranks 55.

1 Like

I think they could have banned the right player because now everybody has an universal ID wich they can find from the recorded match, even changing the name wouldn’t make a difference, I think.

2 Likes

They can backtrack every finished game. Yes they have a universal ID with the replay. :slight_smile: Glad Evanglos did hear my wishes and made us able to upload aoe3 records now.

2 Likes