Marinelord's brand new patch suggestions

They’re not a cavalry civ either.

2 Likes

Meanwhile Chinese players are still wondering if Nest of Bees will ever function properly. They have been missing half of their shots ever since the giant nerf in Stress test and ontop of that they don’t even shoot all of their 8 attacks regularly.

You look at this unit and think “wow 8 attacks times 10 damage, this unit must be insane” but in practice it doesn’t even deal 36 damage like a Mangonel. Its been a worse Mangonel ever since Stress test and the recent changes added even more minimum attack distance, which means during its long attack animation the unit can simply walk up to NoB and make it stop firing.

2 Likes

I dont really think it is bias as everyone (literally everyone), at this point, agrees that mongol is OP and need some nerf. All stats also point to that direction. You cant know how to balance well if you only know/care a single civ. may be you could try other civs to see how it actually works out.

3 Likes

The only civ I have a strong grasp on how it works and plays is delhi. Please fix the rest of the bugs and correct the tooltips and properly upgrade the tower elephants via blacksmith and incendiary arrows.

Now I believe the scouts ARE WAY too cost effective. If I can spend 120 food to make 2 early scouts and harass an gold mind keeping you from safely gathering 100g to age up, even if it’s just delaying you by 20+ sec to get to feudal that is more than worth the 120 food. Nevertheless that I don’t have to lose the scouts; they can gather sheep, SCOUT, and in the case of Rus gain additional bounty.

I suggest scout hp & attack get nerfed during Dark Age. From 110 down to 70 Hp and from 4 hand attack down to 1. This would make Dark Age scout harassment a bad investment. Once the player hits feudal the scout auto upgrades.

Besides scouts I believe the major issues are siege balance, animation canceling, proper attack delay timers, and user friendly UI (like the ability to read a defensive buildings attack stats even if a unit is inside).

1 Like

Is there a list of the remaining bugs?

1 Like

All the major bugs have already been individually reported and there is an old thread that referenced basically all of them.

But a lil more on delhi. After the sanctity debuff and before this last patch, delhi had a pretty hard early feudal into castle problem unless it was on hybrid maps. Mainly bc their free upgrade didn’t do enough early game to matchup vs other civ bonuses. While efficient production does save 75 wood per military production, dehli could not mass an aggressive feudal age pressure bc ram upgrade takes forever, and they only have access to base units so they typically have zero advantage in such a push. This forces high level land play into walls gameplay mostly.

I suggest delhi upgrades go like so
Dark age upgrades range: 2 to 2.5
Feudal age upgrades range: 2.5 to 3
Castle age upgrades range: 4 to 5
Imperial age upgrade range: 8 to 9.

Likewise I suggest the scholars required to reduce the tech down to standard rates should be
Dark Age: 5 scholars
Feudal Age: 8 scholars
Castle Age: 12 scholars
Imperial Age: 16 scholars.

You’ll never get 5 scholars in a highly competitive game all in Dark Age, best you could hope for is about 3 by the time you hit feudal given the right matchup. So requiring about 4 more scholars each age to get standard times seems fair.

1 Like

you can try in the game, with 12 scholars, the investigations of the university are investigated in almost 6 minutes, if I have 2 madrasas that time is as if each technology was done in 3 minutes, I would upload an image of that but here it is not possible, also I have an almost precise formula from the scholars and I showed you an example. In the final I saw that no one invested in more than 7 scholars, so you can verify in solo mode the 6 minutes that I commented with 12 scholars, here is the example:

the reduction is exponential for each scholar housed, 20 scholars can fit in the madrasa, which avoids having to build several mosques. For example, if I want to investigate chemistry, with 12 scholars, it takes 22m30s. I divide that by 1.125^12, which gives 22.5/1.125^12=5.47, that is, 5m with 28s. If I build 2 madrasas, that time is practically half.

1 Like

In highly contested matches you won’t have enough scholars to properly reduce the research time when you actually need the upgrades.

Say for example you just want incedendary arrows and infantry upgrades. Your opponent won’t wait 6min for you to get your upgrades before they attack their Imperial upgrades.

Late game many many civs have very strong power spikes. With the scholar late game research changes delhi no longer has a spike. It’s only if delhi already had some kind of lead could they hold out long enough to get all the powerful upgrades to kick in.

I agree it was way too strong before when it only took 9 scholars. That’s why I purpose they increase the scholar cost to 16 for Imperial. Heck I’m okay with 20 being the Imperial number for standard rates.

1 Like

12 scholars cost 900 gold, with the dome of faith, if it is possible to increase the scholars

1 Like

LOL, I hope you know how to read…

2 Likes

Doesn’t change how they play. That is just roleplay/flavour text. They excel in mostly archers and melee and making siege on the field. Most of the time they don’t use cavalry as much as other civs.

2 Likes

That will change in the next patch. Trust me

2 Likes

Patches should touch base the basics, like including a explore option by selecting scout, men to move the many artillery pieces. Then infastructural graphics design need improvements e.g. the size needs to be upscale, and the looks need to be refined some more.