Market. Can not buy stone

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.13221.0 #78757 10725973
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When I trade using mouse (mouse click to buy/sell resource), I have to do a bit pause after pressing the button. If I go to the next action (f.e. switch to villagers) too fast, I hear the sound “trade is done”, but nothing happens. If I use hotkeys to buy/sell resources, deal is done properly.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

If you click too fast it happens 100% times.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start SP or MP game (does not matter). Be sure you are in age at least feudal and have some resources to trade.
  2. Build a market.
  3. Make shortcut for group of villagers. Ctrl+1.
  4. Select market.
  5. Click “buy stone” by mouse.
  6. Press hotkey “1” (go to selected group of villagers)
    Try to do 5-6-5-6-5-6 as fast as you can, observe results.

Spoiler. Before reading it, please do the sequence above and observe at least once that you hear sound, but amount of stone is not changed. Mechanics works as follows: you hear the sound when mouse is down; trade-deal is done only when mouse is up. So, effect appears iff you press mouse down, use hotkey “1”, release mouse button only when focus is already out of our market. Same effect appears if you hold mouse button, until focus is out of the “buy stone” button. This story is not only about market, it’s about any button in buildings in the game, but in all other situations I use hotkeys :slight_smile:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

OK result: you hear the sound “deal is done” only when deal is done.

The best result: deal is done when mouse button is pressed, not when released.

Wrong result: you hear sound “deal is done”, but resources are still same.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

SP Replay v101.102.13221.0 #(78757) @2023.04.06 030243.aoe2record (562.1 KB)

Thanks for your report, we’re now tracking this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like