Market selection causing lag (possibly not just market)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

this is with ALL MODS disabled.

after having a ton of units on the map, start to lag due to pathing, proceeds to select market and shows it’s UI causing game to lag drastically.

attached with replay file and video below

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play with a bunch of AI
  2. once hitting pop cap see the FPS counter drop to a stable level
  3. select market or other units with UI and fps drops sharply from 40-50 down to like 6

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

not lag

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

MP Replay v101.102.9814.0 #(75350) @2023.02.01 102607 (1).aoe2record (9.5 MB)

update: nope, reinstalled fixed lag but still crashing

1 Like

I think this is realted to the crashing issue you commented on another post, so we’re tracking this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was getting some market lag too, fixed by verifying game files.

NVM - it was “fixed” in single player (not sure if it was ever a problem in SP actually) but still present in multiplayer.

1 Like

I ended up doing a reinstall of the game, also clear the profile folder/settings and metadata and it stopped lagging.

this game crash so much that I think when crashes, some game files get corrupted.

I reinstall game but am still crashing?