Matchmaking is absolutely horrible currently

ELO sucks
we need leagues (gold/bronse)

1 Like

It won’t change a lot. They just need to be more restrictive even if it takes time. I would rather wait 15 minutes for a balanced match than 6 minutes to stomp my opponent or getting stomped.

2 Likes

It will… I mean bronze cant play against gold etc. I think the idea quite clear.
I (1900+) play with 400ELO. My team can win, and can lose BUT 400ELO will do NOTHING.

PS I often wait 15-30 minutes cause some vegetables dodge games. And leave after the start.

This game has the worst matchmaking system I have ever seen. Why do games like this even exist? Every 3rd or so game is imbalanced af. and why are the 2 noobs not separated? This is honestly a joke and makes my gaming experience turn into a pile of trash. So ■■■■■■■ frustrated. Sit in queue 10 minutes only to play this imbalanced ******* game. Devs this is on you and only you.

PS: I hate chat filter. Im not 5 years old and I’m certain 99% of people who play this are 20+ so please remove this dumbass feature in a game that involves slaughtering civilizations. I’m ******* heated right now.

10 Likes

Agree with both.
I am more noob player with 1000 ELO and sometimes I get opponent with higher ELO about 300 rank points and then the game is not fun for both of us as it is certain dominance.

Chat filter is the worst feature ever implemented in gaming. Specific in AoE where almost each message is filtered so you cannot communicate with your teammates. Why they just not remove it if it is bugged ?

7 Likes

Stop mixing 2200 and 1200 elo players in same game. It only results in absolute inbalanced s**t games that just waste time and nobody is having fun.

Drop everything you are doing and do something for the team game match making madness

6 Likes

I don’t know why the ■■■■ they don’t show the elo of our team.
■■■■■■■ tired of playing in games with 2 low elos players in my team.

FIX THIS ■■■■■■■■.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Current Steam Game Version:
Current Steam Build
Steam
Windows 10

Issue:

Matchmaking regularly sets up teams of 13/1400 players against 2000+ player teams. It seems there is a bug where the developers forgot to provide an option for players to restrict who they play against. I’m sure they weren’t so absent minded as to forget that forcing low ranked players to only play against high ranked players would kill multiplayer over time. Surely they understand that players would rather wait longer for a good match than lose 90% of matches due to bad matchmaking.

Therefore it must be a bug.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Form team of low ranked players.
  2. Try to find a ranked match.
  3. Watch as a team of 2000+ players do what skilled players do to low ranked players who should never be matched against them in a non-buggy game.

ATTACHMENTS:

N/A

7 Likes

It is because there isnt enough players, so if your matchmaking goes for long time like 7+ mins. You will que up with almost anyone if You want to avoid this reset que at 5 min or so.

Its especially issue in TG since they arent played that much and you need more players at same elo.

2 Likes

Incorrect Gaseous, these matches very often happen after short queues.

3 Likes

POST MUST BE AT LEAST 20 CHARACTERS
up

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, ******* yes!

Fix this. Multiplayer sucks.

I saw this in other topic.

Seems right to me

1 Like

Totally agree with both, the matchmaking system is really bad and the chat filter is even worst, i have never seen something that useless and stupid like that “feature” that we all hate.

Where you guys get those stats?

https://aoe2.net/#aoe2de-matches-ongoing

1 Like

VS

SEEMS RIGHT TO ME.

EMBARRASSING Chat in middle of the game

Edit:
https://aoe2.net/#aoe2de-matches-my-games now have past games history

3 Likes

I have browsed for a few minutes, and found these…

WHO MADE THIS MM SYSTEM ?

2 Likes