Medierranean Architecture Set is extremely overused

Night guys,

I previously checked out “AbeJin’s” and other artists steam workshop to see, what they have in the store about the Byzantines, Goths and the other civs. And look here, there are 2 architecture sets for the Byzantines and 1 architecture set for the Goths and many more. I think, they look appealing and could be use in a similar form in the game here to “relieve” the current sets.

The “Byzantines” could share with the “Bulgarians” a new Balkan set and if necessary, add the “Armenians” and “Georgians”, but an own Caucasus set would be better for this 2 civs.

Credits goes to “AbeJin”.

Credits goes to “Catbarf”.

This follow “Bulgarian” set would also work well for a Caucasus set with the Armenians and Georgians.

Credits goes to “LordGood”.

The “Goths” could share the Central European set with the Vikings and or Teutons as until now or run it “alone” because they have such a special history across through many parts of Europe.

The set for the “Teutons” and “Vikings” can be left as is or adjustments can be made.

Credits goes to “Redkirby”.

For the Mediterranean set, I would like to see a split into “Portuguese” and “Spanish”. I tend to leave “Italians” alone and unite “Romans” and “Sicilians”. The Italians can use the earlier set of the HD version, it fits pretty well. This set is difficult to split out correctly in a historically right way. It is easier with other sets.

Credits goes to “Emperor Jaco”.

Credits goes to “TriRem”.

Credits goes to “Catbarf”.

I would give the “Romans” and the “Sicilians” the current Mediterranean architecture set.

For the “Huns”, I propose a common Nomadic set with the “Mongols” to reduce the East Asian set from 5 civs. The current allocation of the Huns to the Central European set is simply completely wrong and does not fit into the picture at all. The same applies to the Mongols, their allocation to the East asians is a slap in their face.

Credits goes to “Gaudio”.

Credits goes to “Saint_Michaels_” and “AbeJin”.

The Western European set with the “Burgundians” and “Franks” can be left as is, but I would also be in favor of dividing it into two parts. “British” and “Celts” could use a new Celtic set.

The Eastern european architecture set is also overloaded with 6 civs. For the Bohemians I would give the Central European set.

Put the “Lithuanians” and “Slavs” to the Rus set, already I mentioned here, which was planned for the HD version in 2013, it just looks great and from a historically view, fits better to this 2 civs than the current one.

Credits goes to “Saint_Michaels_”

The Persians should switch to the Central Asian set.

It is also possible, which I would even advocate, to give the Persians their own set, as they played a major role in the history of the time and deserved to be unique.

Credits goes to “Omar_gg”.

The East Asian set with 5 civs is like some others too overloaded. They should redesign this sentence, the current strongly Japanese inspired with a few Chinese elements are too uniform. A separation for the “Koreans” and “Japanese” from the “Chinese” and the “Vietnamese” would make sense here. I would even go so far as to divide the Chinese and Vietnamese, as the cultural differences are big enough, not just related to the different language family.

Credits goes to “Yakko”.

Credits goes to “AbeJin” and “Omar_gg”.

For the Southeast Asia area, I would give the “Malays” and the “Burmese” their own architecture. The existing set can be given to the “Khmer”.

Credits goes to "Omar_gg and “AbeJin”.

I now come to the Indian set. The added “Bengals”, “Gurjaras” and “Dravidians” of about 1 year and a half ago with the “Dynasties of India DLC”, should each have their own architecture, as the cultural differences are far too strong to combine them in one set with the renamed “Hindustanis”.

At this point I would like to refer to a forum entry with a unique Mod for Age of Empires 2 DE from around 2 years ago, which introduced a variety number of Indian civs including different architectures in terms of units and buildings. Microsoft and the devs can be inspired by this, because the work of this mod is worth highlighting.

Microsoft has already adopted some things of this mod, like the introduction of the Indian civs of Bengals and Gurjaras, but has by no means exhausted its full potential. The new human special unit “Savar” was probably taken over for the soon to be appearing, revised “Persians”.

Credits goes to “StereoQuasar163”.

Credits goes to “Juggernaut8704”.

For the Native American set, I would seperate out the “Mayas” and “Incas” from the “Aztecs”. All 3 cultures are too different, to be included in one sentence.

5 Likes