MELEE BUG IS RUINING THE GAME

Since the release there is this bug, melee units turning around foes and never engaging (q+click and other split does not work efficiently).

WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO PATCH THIS HORRIBLE BUG THAT MADE ALL MELEE UNITS DISGUSTING TO PLAY ???
This only made the arba meta ridiculously op, packing and spamming without any tanks to take dmgs (why do you need that when the standard packed formation made you unbeatable ??!)

I main HRE and can’t even challenge guys that made only arba while i’m going archers or arba + maa and lands

Melee units should apply a debuff on contact like the cavalry made charge dmg (speed attack debuff or a stun maybe ??).

This is unplayable right now in HRE and other civ that will made infantry (chinese ?)

Look how the season one is a mess (three civ playble, all with nice ranged units)

Idk if its a bug, but yeah, when you attack move melee units tend to run around the units you want to attack. One way to work around that issue is to attack move then press “S” once the units reach the target. This will cause inits to stop what they are doing and attack everything they see as they should.

3 Likes

thanks a lot for the tip !

1 Like

This issue has been present ever since the closed beta and we reported it.

The problem is that when you issue an attack command on an enemy unit, all of your forces will prioritize that single unit and ignore the rest, no matter if they have to go around a full army to get to it or if there’s no room for, say, 20 horsemen to attack a single archer. This is even worse when you issue an attack command on a unit encircled/defended by others which you can’t get to, then you will see the eternal circle dance of death (funnily enough, a similar dance also happens when constructing rams).

Attack commands should behave smarter, an option could be having two behaviors. E.g.: single-click/hotkey A to attack any unit of the same type in range (good for massed weak units like xbows or pikemen) or double-click/hotkey B to focus fire and ignore the rest, as it is right now (good for tanky units like elephants or siege). If that’s too much micro then perhaps even keeping everything as it is but adding a half-a-second timeout which then defaults to attack at will.

I don’t know why this never felt like an issue in AoE II. Better pathfinding perhaps?

1 Like