Melee units disengage target when using Attack-Move

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 47820
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Melee units (maybe ranged units too, I don’t yet know for sure) disangage the target and continue their movement. I have linked a video of this with scouts.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

NOTE: I suspect this is how it can be reproduced.

1. Start a Skirmish game, Extreme AI, 1vs1.
  2. Get to Feudal age.
  3. Produce some scouts.
  4. Attack-move with the scouts in the Aggressive stance. I have seen the behavior happening when the final destination is close to the target being engaged (and shortly disengaged). See video.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The military units must engage the target until it has been killed, and then engage to the next target, without ever disengaging targets unless no more targets are in range.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjCveSN7hFVLuUR4GtBMgiUThE0_?e=aqn6On

Examine the scouts behavior after killing the lonely archer. I know there are more units inbound, so I issue an attack-move command in their direction. Pay close attention to the automatic flags product of the action: The skirmisher is the target as it has the closest flag on it, and then a second flag shows that marks the destination of the attack-move command. The scouts barely touch the skirmisher, and immediately disengage, proceeding to the final destination. The target (skirmisher) and destination are very close to each other. I am unsure if this is a factor for this bug.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

SP Replay v101.101.47820.0 @2021.05.29 005313.aoe2record (2.6 MB)

1 Like