Menu not working

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: newest patch 61213
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Game informs a tempering error message at the start and then the home menu is unavailable to click except exit. In other words, can’t play the game at all.

Issue is not with my internet as I am capable of using internet with other games and web browser.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I downloaded the newest patch and started the game from the play button on steam.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

There would be no error message at the start and I would be able to play the game by clicking the buttons in the menu.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Error message

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Sounds like another process such as antivirus software or cheatengine might be causing this. Try closing other such programs before launching the game.

Hi, I am not having any mods or cheatengines. Is it adviced to not to have antivirus software on?

Hello @Pindrael, try running the game after closing all other software, including your Antivirus, game overlays, download managers and anything else that could tamper with the game. If the game runs fine after turning off your Antivirus, then consider adding an exception for the game executable in your antivirus.

2 Likes

Hello @gmenyhart and @EaglemutOP , by turning off the antivirus it worked now perfectly. thank you for your advices. I appreciate it.

1 Like