[MERGED] Late-game performance in team games deteriorated in anniversary patch (42848)

It is not a duplicate because the title of that thread is incorrect. The issue is not that late-game performance wasn’t improved, it is that late-game performance significantly deteriorated after the patch.

3 Likes

Ok, but that doesn’t matter for the outcome. The devs are investigating it.

depends… if thread says not improved, they may choose to let it stay as is or simply revert to what it was before, which is still crap.

since they wanted to “improve” on performance, by stating that its gotten worse, they’d do more work to make sure it is not only fixed but “improved” vs pre patch.

big corporation will try to get away with w/e they can and not fix thing, always make details clear so they know what we want.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I changed the title already. I still don’t think the title makes any difference for the outcome, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Just confirming that I experience that as well - 4v4 games become unplayable as the game goes on : l - didn’t use to be the case before the patch

4 Likes

even 3v3, or 4v2 against 2 AI is starting to become unplayable… this is becoming really difficult to enjoy late game with the lag.

2 Likes

In just a 2vs2 the game got totally chopped, unplayable. FPS were 60 according to the indicator but they really felt like 200

1 Like

Hotfix 43210 is now available with a fix for this issue. Please give it a download and let us know if you continue to see problems:

2 Likes

Jordan played a 4v4 team game again today (with almost the same people) and the game ran much smoother! No more red clocks, even after 50 minutes game time with almost full pop.

I mark the issue as resolved. Thanks a lot.

4 Likes

it didn’t fix lag for me and get worse. now fps is 2-3 fps on late game !!! don’t fix which not broken , devs

3 human vs 3 AI today on Fortress, when we were 100 pop each game went ~5 fps (steam showed 45 fps, but game felt as 5 fps)

@TroubledCow83 and @bgolymp

share more information, otherwise with most say its fixed your concern is only likely going to get dismissed.

what servers were you playing on, how do you know its not the people you play with with poor computer specs

my gpu usage is %2, cpu usage %98 after this update. i have no problem with my connection or specs. i make laggy everyone’s game. so can’t play ranked and lobby with my friends. and some of my friends have same problem. make laggy every game cause of low fps after this updates

1 Like

sounds like cpu or your computer? this game is pretty much the same so its only using mostly just 1 core. for you to have at 98% usage, you sure no other background tasks were running when the game is running?

i m sure there is no background tasks. i have 940mx, i7-7500u passing recomended specs. but now game not using my gpu. it is only %2 so game is 1 fps

this game doesn’t use much GPU, the graphics are literally from 20 years ago just with HD. instead game is more CPU bound. if you play the game and CPU is at 98% usage, it’s your computer that has issue.

cpu is 2 core 4 threads, so i’d say at best maybe 60-75% usage. theres maybe something else at play here and you’ll probably do good if you figure out whats causing it.

lmao you sound mad. but definitely know more than you! maybe instead of 2 fps it should be 1 fps when cpu is at 98% usage. =), not enough points drop!

cause of 1-2 fps is low gpu usage cause of hotfix smarty. i used to have no problem before this hotfix. it broke my game and some of my friends. also some people living this issue like me

cause maybe theres nothing to render because cpu is at full usage smarty.

okay, you know everything so tell me how can i solve high cpu usage. i m really angry, drop hitted me at right time. Also my cpu more poweful than recomended specs