Michi Map Ranked

yeah, i should have set: if michi is your favourtie map then, …

nothing wrong with variety :slight_smile:

So what is the meta of this map

10/10 necro made me read.

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

khmer civ pick x4 incoming ballista rusher!

1 Like

Bf, arena, michi, hideout and we only get 1 ban when playing solo, “best” mappool ever. Michi equals fc into 3-5boom into lag like there is no tomorrow.
Hopefully we get more bans or we can add * to maps we wanna play, 3 minimum maybe and go. Forcing people to play maps they dont like is still a bad system.
Some people like arabia, some nomad, some arena and other closed maps, water and hybrid maps etc, let them have their way.

3 Likes

Totally agree. give back the choice to the players

1 Like

I can’t believe this really happened 11
At least this means much mor map diversity now in TGs :smiley:

1 Like

If more diversity, then forest nothing? Stone nothing? Nothing nothing also :smiley:

I mean with michi in the pool, 80 % of all people will just ban that map what means all the others are open :wink:
Maybe it was a tactical vote 11

1 Like

Arabia, Runestones, Gold Rush and we only get 1 ban

7 Likes

So 4 Khmer Ballista Elephant party is actually viable

Rush to a market, bottom out the prices for selling food and wood and buying stone, set up a premature trade line just to remind your team mates not to build stuff there, then just play as you used to play single player when you were younger: boom up to your favorite lategame unit so you’re ready when the woodline breaks. After that, good luck.

3 Likes

very good tips. Thanks bro!

1 Like

they’ll counter with 4 monk civs on the other side of the tree 11

1 Like

How to counter 4 monk civ in Michi?

My first idea would be hussars. Just all the hussars. Mangonels could work too. Either something cheap and swarming or something long ranged.

Monks are often hard to use on maps like this, because monks require micro and by the time you fight on this map you often have a very large army. 5 monks could maybe stop 5 hussars, but 50 monks vs 50 hussars is almost impossible.

P.S. my last advice was still kind of tongue in cheek. This one is not.

1 Like

I would expect that monks/bbc are hard to counter in michi, and that monks would be somewhat safe from hussars as bbc (or monks with redemption and block printing) would prevent enemy from opening a way. And when a way is open, the way would be so narrow that yoy canbot swarm with hussars.

I think in this case you would need to cut trees with trebuchets… It is slow but not counterable.

Or is it working differently in practice ?

2 Likes

Oh man, I would hate playing Michi in ranked.

2 Likes

Have you try to ban it?