Microsoft, give a definitive edition, we deserve one too!

@PCS70 said:
Maybe it’s the ‘unannounced project’ of Relic Entertainment? o:)

As long as skybox is not involved at least there is a small chance it wont suck.

@smitske They took over development from Ensemble Studio right after the Titans expansion release correct?

Ensemble knows this franchise best of all, but they are limited with the quality of the hired programmers too. Older engines and code you didn’t write are a nightmare to work with for any developer. One bugfix can introduce 5 new bugs you didn’t think of and so on.

Programming is an art and like with real artists only a select group of programmers are able to deliver masterpieces.

@PCS70 said:
@smitske They took over development from Ensemble Studio right after the Titans expansion release correct?

Ensemble knows this franchise best of all, but they are limited with the quality of the hired programmers too. Older engines and code you didn’t write are a nightmare to work with for any developer. One bugfix can introduce 5 new bugs you didn’t think of and so on.

Programming is an art and like with real artists only a select group of programmers are able to deliver masterpieces.

No they made the bad EE version and the absolutely horrendous TOTD “dlc” and refuse to fix it.
I am a programmer so I am well aware of the possible issues, that however does not change the disgraceful result they have brought and and the sheer negligence and lack of responsibility of skybox labs if you mess up you live up to it and make it right, you don’t act like nothing happened.

@smitske said:

@PCS70 said:

No they made the bad EE version and the absolutely horrendous TOTD “dlc” and refuse to fix it.
I am a programmer so I am well aware of the possible issues, that however does not change the disgraceful result they have brought and and the sheer negligence and lack of responsibility of skybox labs if you mess up you live up to it and make it right, you don’t act like nothing happened.

I got it somewhere in my Steam collection but didn’t play it (yet). I do like AOM Titans of that series and think that was a well finished game at the time of release.

My all time AOE favorites are now AOE 0 (Project Celeste), 2 (HD), 1 DE, 3 and in that specific order.

@PCS70 said:

@smitske said:

@PCS70 said:

I got it somewhere in my Steam collection but didn’t play it (yet). I do like AOM Titans of that series and think that was a well finished game at the time of release.

My all time AOE favorites are now AOE 0 (Project Celeste), 2 (HD), 1 DE, 3 and in that specific order.

The DLC I am talking about is not the titans.

AOM TT is by far my most played game of all time. I loved that game, even after my disk got scratched and half the sound files were corrupted. Microsoft needs to do it justice.

@CaptClockobob said:
AOM TT is by far my most played game of all time. I loved that game, even after my disk got scratched and half the sound files were corrupted. Microsoft needs to do it justice.

You have AoM EE.

@Augustusman said:

@CaptClockobob said:

You have AoM EE.

He said do it justice, not butcher it.
AoM EE was just butchering the original for a quick buck by people who did not have the drive and skills to do the game justice.

1 Like

@smitske said:

@Augustusman said:

@CaptClockobob said:

You have AoM EE.

He said do it justice, not butcher it.
AoM EE was just butchering the original for a quick buck by people who did not have the drive and skills to do the game justice.

I was sarcastic.

AOM EE is all we’ll get unless they have a surprise AOM announcement at E3 or Gamescom which I highly doubt.

AoMEE WILL get an update soon anyway, it’s just a question of finding a dev team, since FE is working on AoE2DE and AoE3DE, aswell as Skybox working on Halo with 343 (Double trouble lol)

Though AoMEE won’t be getting balance, or major content updates, probably because MS Studios doesn’t want to sink more work then is needed with a programmer-only team.

Do you have any info what that update will be? I would like to see the lure exploit fixed and for me personally to have multiplayer transferred random maps to show up in people’s map selection as currently they don’t (They used to and then one of the “recent” updates broke it :frowning: )

I’m not allowed to (because I don’t actually know, only hearsay) comment if, or when but something may come out, so look out for an official word in the coming months.

From the official Discord server:

6 Likes

So we know from the webpage that microsoft is building a new team for a age franchise game.

3 Likes

YAYAYAYAYAYYY! I am stoked brother, are you? They should just buy Foggotten Empires, they will keep relic and MS in their toes, since they FE is full of Age gamers and fans. (I don’t know if FE is still independent??)

Player heard from Forgotten Empires developers that they would love to make AOM: DE, but it depends on Microsoft

1 Like

Probably AoM:DE is coming. It is just my prediction. Since they had announced AoE:DE and AoEII:DE in their 20th anniversaries (AoE:DE supposed to be released in 2017), they will announce AoM:DE in 2002 I think. They convinced me to believe that they really consider desires of their fans, so they will probably make DEs of every single “Age of” games.

Probably AoM:DE is coming. It is just my prediction. (…) so they will probably make DEs of every single “Age of” games.

Not at the expense of AoE4’s release, I hope.

I want this to happen, but it seems unlikely I’m afraid :frowning: