Microsoft Hear My Plea - Upping Support for Below-S-Tier Events, Emerging Casters/Creators & More!

I think that if we really want the grass roots of the games to grow and succeed there needs to be more support for the lower end of the TO (tournament official) and caster community. While yes, we could talk about MS or corporate esports partners actually hiring or sponsoring more TO and casters, especially those that have already taken steps to be casters/TO’s voluntarily and/or put their own money into tournaments. I think a good start that isn’t going to cost much or potentially anything is allowing for more promotion of non official/non-ms-sponored tournaments and broadcasters over the official MS channels (forums, website articles, official AoE discord posts). Especially for regional events. I would also like to know if it is a possibility for MS to look at the project Celeste Aoeo server as an investment in the series and genre and a way to reap company goodwill by also allowing for promotion of Aoeo on the official MS channels once again.

It’s not a secret that there have been half a dozen top 50 aoe4 players coming from the AoE title that lives in the most obscurity and has the smallest playerbase, and that the pre-public-release tournaments were dominated by them too.

While I do not wish to insult the “success stories” of aoe commentary such as T90 or Aussiedrongo, I do believe that their prominence actually hurts the social media reach of new generation casters both in their original titles and in aoe4. And I wonder if there could be more done to support creators such as Harrison, Widgie and Lionheart for aoe3 supremacy for instance, or say for the aoe2 and 3 Deathmatch communities, aom TOs and casters in either supremacy or DM (like Meta Plays, Boit and IronMaiden). Rising Empires in aoeIV, or even Project Celeste affiliated creators.

It’s nice to see support for the Deathmatch world cup in aoe2 from the top end, but what about Deathmatch in aoe2 the rest of the year round, or in other titles? Especially in AoM, which used to see events several times a year thanks to Nakamura and Meta Plays. Yet that’s all on hold until AoM retold, or an act of God encourages new growth in the format and community. They have also had to put their aoe4 presence on hold due to a lack of viewership and again I think whether or not MS gets financially involved, these implosions may have been prevented with better social media coverage from MS official channels or from the most established creators in the series.

I would like to know if it would be okay for people affiliated with Aoeo to try reach out to esports teams and tech companies for corporate sponsorship without concern that it’s going to cause a legal shitstorm with MS

I know I’m probably the biggest loudmouth to have any form of competitive or broadcasting profile in the series, but I do believe my concerns are valid and a way to encourage growth across every game and every format in the series.

Thanks,
Sean “Ardeshir” Christensen

3 Likes

they literally bring 10k auditory to you… but somehow it’s “harm”.
Memb somehow “survived” WORKING 24/7/365 for a few years.
may be people should work their asses? and cast tournaments, games more often, than once a year?

They should fix REPLAY system for aoe4 casters. cause it’s literally impossible to make content when:

1. replays closed
  2. replays decay.

sorry but burning a few bucks for noname streamers with 100viewers wont help.

PS i’m fine with MS burning money… but I (personally) did not get how it can help and why they need to burn a few bucks.

I don’t know much about how to increase the variety of casters or creators in a way that would facilitate growth, but I definitely disagree with the notion to not try. Like you’ve stated yourself, there is a lot of money already involved, and it can’t harm to allocate some of those funds towards fostering more variety in this community.

1 Like

And I’ve casted 3x as much as him across 5x as many titles in the series in the past 4 years lmao where’s my random donation of $5,000 from a cashed up viewer?

To me? Nah, they go and watch Memb, Drongo and T90. Or tune into le gold league Ukrainian woman who’s done 5 games of commentary

whatever noname

where is your twich?
ill donate a buck if it’s true… but highly doubt your claims
\https://www.twitch.tv/CarryoutData60 - not found

T90 on FB
Drongo on youtube
Memb at aoe2 sections. - and anyway he need sleep.

open aoe4 twich.
only bronze POV “content creators”. They are bad e-sport players not streamers.

did you forget their “mixer” attempt… it will be similar. no auditory == no win.
no auditory why?

• boring to watch.
  • hard to cast (replays in aoe4 sucks)

maybe they should fix the cause of the problem, before throwing money away?
cause i see it as:
100k$ to spend, it’s limited. better improve ingame features, so people could create content themselves.

1 Like

All of this while being a chronic pain sufferer that works and started the series with AoEO. Only marked as inactive because I was that active I was never going to heal from work related strain injuries with my back while trying to play Aoeo supremacy, Aoeo Deathmatch, Aoeo tiny, aoe3 empire wars, aoe3 Deathmatch, aoe3 supremacy, aoe4 supremacy, aoe4 Deathmatch, aoe2 empire wars, aoe2 Deathmatch, aoe2 supremacy, aom supremacy, aom tiny, and aom Deathmatch all at once with commentary, for nothing, from Australia.

Did you try searching by my real name or the username I ended the OP with at all? Kek

There is a discrepancy between 1.8 hours and 55 hours in Twitch analytics. One could suggest inaccuracies in the data. However, it is certain that you have not streamed for a longer duration than MembTV.

Ultimately, you made an incorrect choice of game as AoEOnline is no longer active, regardless of any other factors.

Consider Aussie_Drongo as an example - despite being an AoE3 streamer, he identified the potential of AoE4 and made the decision to exclusively focus on AoE4 at the opportune moment in order to grow their audience.
Another example is Memb, who fully covers tournaments and even streams replays in cases where it’s not permitted to stream (although this is a rare occurrence in AoE2).

It’s important to enjoy playing and streaming content that you are passionate about. However, it’s worth noting that you may not have taken advantage of opportunities to grow your audience, such as during T90’s departure or the release of AoE4, unlike how Drongo did.

I am for the most part taking a break from serious gameplay. Due to burnout and my own health concerns. Something you excuse Dan the man for doing at times.

Used to stream 30-50 hours a week across the series. Single out my AoEO attendance though, it’s not like I’m the ONLY person in the series known for playing deathmatch in all 3 of AoM, AoE2 and AoE3. Or the fact I’m the only person doing commentary for supremacy in AoE2, AoE3, AoE4, AoM AND AoEO.

https://liquipedia.net/ageofempires/Ardeshir/Broadcasts#Detailed_Broadcasts

you think I could’ve pulled this off only streaming 2 hours a week?

Keep on judging a creator you know fuck all about. Where’s your channel?

425 aoe4 videos

355 aoe3 videos (would link but this garbo website keeps ruining the link)

165 aoe2 videos

325 aom videos across aom:t and aom:ee

Just shy of 750 tournament commentary videos across RTS, including indie (warparty) and Aoeo events. Also more English coverage of otherwise non-english-covered events than anyone else, including memb who is Spanish lol.

Now pay up

done.

but still wrong game

Being a food critic means that cooking is not necessary. At some point, every YouTuber or streamer has complained about how difficult it is to attract an audience. I know of a case where using a light blue icon instead of a blue button resulted in a 30% increase in conversions on the Play Store. It doesn’t require an expert to analyze that in a failed and unpopular game like aoeO, there will be no audience, and the conversion between aoeO and aoe4 will likely be zero or negative. According to everyone on YouTube, using different screensavers in video clips is crucial, and it accounts for 99% of the importance. I’ve watched 3-4 small streamers with viewership raising from 0 to 200(or even 600+ once), some of whom failed, while others succeeded. By observing their experiences, I have gained some insights, such as the importance of consistent streaming with a schedule, even if it’s not 24/7, and how tournaments are the best way to attract an audience. Tournaments in the local language are even better. POV streams don’t work well for bronze ranks, and switching between games rarely helps with audience conversion. Additionally, I have noticed that people love watching weird maps, such as FN or low elo legends.

This page in game should have links to the latest tournaments instead of just the official Youtube channel:

Either that or there should be another tab for it.

1 Like

Good thing I’m platinum to masters level across the entire series, in more than 1 game mode

And ain’t it weird how female and “disability” streamers (all the ones other than me anyway LMAO) are immune to being skipped over for not being esports competition relevant? KEK

Thanks for the donation.

Aite I’ll be doin some Nations Cup, Anatolian Clash 2 and AoE2 Admirals Cup today

Prob not gonna bother going live unless im in AoE2 or AoEIV, or someone literally pays me by the hour to play AoM/AoE3/AoEO for the rest of the year.