Militiamen always fail to spawn for AI players

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.5025.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

When an AI player attempts to call Militiamen from their Town Center (or the Asian equivalent of Militiamen), no units are ever spawned. This greatly harms the AI player’s ability to defend their town, since they not only fail to receive the defending units they need, but furthermore disadvantage themselves by wasting resources on this non-functional ability while they’re already under attack.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a recorded match with AI players (European/Asian civs) and attack their main base.
  2. Watch back the recorded game from AI player’s point of view.
  3. Observe that when the AI player’s main base is attacked, they will call for defender units from their Town Center (Militiamen or Asian equivalent), but none of those units will actually be spawned at the Town Center.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Militiamen (or Asian equivalent) are supposed to spawn when the AI calls out for them.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Militiamen (or Asian equivalent) always fail to spawn for AI players.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

First image shows the Militiamen in queue, second image shows that there are no Militiamen anywhere to be seen afterwards.

12 Likes

I have verified this issue still exists on current live build v100.12.24632.0

1 Like

I never relize that happened OoO

2 Likes

I second this. I have seen this issue in all matches I play, at least on hardest and extreme difficulty.

1 Like

I mever noticed this, but it makes sense. They should call for militia when under attack

Yes, this always occurs in normal skirmish games or multiplayer. However, I was testing AI in a custom scenario game once and the militiamen actually spawned. I am not sure what the difference is caused by. I have not yet tested it further as that was not even what I was trying to observe. I was surprised when I saw them because I had never seen it work before! I do hope they fix this; it was present even in the original.

2 Likes

Is this issue being tracked?

1 Like

Thank you for the report, the issue is now being tracked by our team.

5 Likes

I have now verified that this issue has been resolved in latest major patch. Thanks devs! :slightly_smiling_face: