Mini map not working and freezes scrolling

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:**AOE2
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Anytime I am in a game and I click on the mini map the sound to the game stops and I do not go to the part of the map that I click. The sound stays turned off and when I move my mouse around the screen, I am unable to maneuver around the map until I click on the onto the main screen and then the game continues. It does not appear that game actually freezes (since vills, horses, etc still move in the background), just that i can’t scroll around the map if I have clicked the mini-map until I click back onto the main screen.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Click on the mini map
  2. Try and move around the map - also, when you click on the mini map, it doesn’t take you to the location clicked.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
You should you able to click on the mini map in order to maneuver around the map.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Here is a link to the issue I am having: AOE2 crash - mini map not working - YouTube

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

HI @Nickgolfs1986 !

1. Can you try to verify your files in the Steam Library? Age of Empires II → Right button → Properties → Local files**
  2. Can you disable your mods?

Let me know if the problem is fixed!