Minor bug with Follow hotkey on Kings

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: latest (21st july)
  • Platform: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux
  • Gamertag: harooooo1

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

I discovered a really minor bug about the Follow hotkey for the King unit from Regicide, but I guess I should report it since no matter how small, it is a bug. The issue is that the Follow hotkey doesn’t work at all for Kings, only way you can use it is click it.

Also as a sidenote, I want to request to add hotkey for ungarrisoning out of allied buildings (if you are garrisoned into an ally town center / tower, you have the ungarrison ability, but without a hotkey, and you can only click it)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Select a King unit
  2. read the description for the Follow command, it says that it actually has a hotkey
  3. try to press the hotkey, nothing happens

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

2 Likes

do you have any UI mod enabled? if so disable all mods, restart the game and try again.

Tested with UI mods disabled (but i dont see how that can help since this is not a UI issue, but a hotkey issue), and the hotkey still doesn’t work. it only works by clicking, but by hotkey doesn’t.

my mod not only modifies UI and also hotkeys. sometimes I choose one may have already been repeated and change it not knowing full effect what it may or may not do. if others have done similar and he is subscribed to them, disabling those will help, that is assuming he know what he is subscribed to and the mod actually modifies pre-existing hot keys.

if he doesn’t, then disable everything will prevent any of the above.

I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with my own hotkeys. I tested it with various other letters and bug still occurs.

You can also see this for yourself, go to scenario editor place a king and try using the follow command

then it only means its not a mod causing this. you can have mod interfere with hotkeys regardless.

with this eliminating any possibility of a mod causing this.