[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

Replies

You actually gave me a GREAT idea!! There’s a thing called “Bufalo Pound”, which would be good to add but we already have The Granary. I think meshing Granary+ meat smoking as a “Buffalo Pound travois” would then make it unique. What do you think? You wrote about limestones for Maya, I would add it too but I forgot about what I was going to make XD.

Yep the thing is: I can’t think of anything unique. There are plenty of minor techs and cards that boost farms or make them cheap and I really can’t disassociate it from effects of “better farming”. I’m accepting suggestions as always! :sweat_smile:

MAYA
Mayas have only 2 pity techs that are not remarkable at all. They would need at least at least four new ones to be even with African Minor tribes.
MAYA - https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Maya

NEW TECHS

• Maya Polities (200w, 200c for every opponent): The complex polities in Maya states will let you know the arrival of Home City shipments shipped by your opponents.
    Effect: All Home City shipments received by your opponent are revealed to you.
    Why: Filler tech: This one might not be worth it in 1v1 but it is definitely powerful in team games with more than 4 players. When this tech is researched, it is revealed, globally, to all players. The HC cards are notified just like your HC shipments.

Lore: Throughout its history, the Maya area contained a varying mix of political complexity that included both states and chiefdoms. These polities fluctuated greatly in their relationships with each other and were engaged in a complex web of rivalries, periods of dominance or submission, vassalage, and alliances. Worldhistory.org; Researchgate;

• Maya Astronomy Codex (270f, 270c): Study Mayas’ astronomy researches to share their knowledge."
    Effect: Gives books worth of 1000 XP next time you age up
    Why: This one is much more suitable than “Maya Defense Town” and it’s similar to Zen Meditation (but cheaper due requirement). I’m ok with duplicated technologies as long as the minor natives won’t ever be on the same map.

Lore: The Classic Maya in particular developed some of the most accurate pre-telescope astronomy in the world. At the time of the Spanish conquest they had many books but only four of these codices exist today.
Wikipedia - Maya city

• Maya Total Warfare (275w, 275c): The wins of Maya armies boost the prestige and power of your alliance.
    Effect: You gain more 50% more XP for every unit killed and every building razed by your Maya Holcan Spearman. You gain +15% more XP when that is done by your non-siege land units.
    Why: I always wanted to add an effect of damage boost for every enemy killed (or being awarded for it). I believe the time has come now.

Lore: Scholars have developed models for Maya warfare based on several lines of evidence suggesting critical resources such as water and agricultural land. Some suggest that the capture of sacrificial victims was a driving force behind warfare. New evidenced point out that violent, destructive warfare targeting both military and civilian resources (often referred to as “total warfare”) was taking place even before a changing climate imperiled Maya agriculture NatGeo - ancient-maya; Wikipedia- Maya_warfare

• Maya Altar (300f, 300c ): Every enemy killed favors the will of your Maya soldiers.
    Effect: Boost the hand damage of all current Maya Holcan Spearman by +25% damage for 4s, for every unit they kill while they are alive. Up to +50% damage and 8s.
    Why: This tech might be of good use considering pikeman units don’t stay alive for long in this game. It’s a big buff but it’s a temporary one: the ones fighting are the ones losing HP, therefore they’re the ones who will get the shortest benefits. It’s a representation of their fierce way of battle: if you want victory, keep fighting.

Lore: Although warring leaders undoubtedly benefited materially, one of the main goals may have been to acquire sacrificial victims. Sacrifice not only legitimized the ruler by intimidating rivals and awing the citizens, but was also associated with concepts of sacred fluids and the passage of time. Warfare is alluded to in to the mythology of the Popol Vuh. Wikipedia- Maya_warfare

• Maya El Dorado (150f, 150c ): Maya wealth and trades benefit your own economy as well.
    Effect: Improves market sell rate by 10%. Economic Home City shipments also deliver 300c directly to your resources.
    Why: They only have 1 economic technology so I believe one more would help a lot. By “Economic Home City shipments” read , all shipments that come from The Wise Woman, Manufacturing Plant, Merchant’s Guild etc

Lore: Trade in Maya civilization was a crucial factor. The economy was fairly loose, and based mostly on food. En-academic.com; Wikipedia - Trade_in_Maya_civilization
[/details]

CURRENT TECHS

Maya Cotton Armor: This tech is too expensive for an unpopular class (hand infantry). I believe that byreducing the cost to 200w, 200c + having a secondary effect of increasing Holcan Spearman ranged armor by 10% it would be better.

Maya Calendar: It applies to all food gathering but the cost feels a bit too much: cost reduction or small increase could be nice.

2 Likes