[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

NOOTKA

​​
NOOTKA: Nootka | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

NEW TECHS

• Nootka Whaling Harpoon (275f, 275c)​: The Nootka will provide a spot for whaling.
    New Effect: Ships 1 Grey Whale to your Naval Shipment Point with infinite coin resource (max: 4 boats over it). .
    Why:​ There is no tech about this important characteristic of the Nuu-chah-nulth. This is exactly like that Mexico’s Whale card. Nootka also appear mostly on naval maps!

Lore: Carbon dating shows that the Nuu-chah-nulth peoples hunted whales over 4000 years ago for both blubber and meat. While whaling provided the Nuu-chah-nulth nations with an important source of food and blubber - which could be rendered into oil - it also played an important role in social life as well.
Whaling- wikipedia

• Nootka Subsistence (250f, 250w, 250c)​: Nootka’s culture will make all natural resources last longer
    New Effect: All natural resources last 10% longer.
    Why: Filler tech. Coin mines, animals, fish and trees will benefit of it.

Lore: While the Nuu-chah-nulth nations did rely on whaling as an important food and oil resource, the territories they lived had many other food sources including the bounty of food to be found in both the ocean and on the land.
Nootka- wikipedia

• Nootka Cypress Handcrafting (225w, 225c): The Nootka knowledge and familiarity of crafting materials with cedar trees make all your buildings more resilient and valuable.
    New Effect: Increases the HP and Build XP of all your buildings and boats by 5% and 10% respectively. When your buildings or ships are destroyed by your enemies, you receive 45% and 25% of their wood cost back, respectively.
    Why:​ The Nootka cedar had a very important use throughout Nuu-chah-nulth’s culture. They also lack a building technology so here we go.

Lore: Nootka nations extensively used the wood and bark of red and yellow cedar trees as both a building material and to produce many different objects (totem poles, canoes, baskets…). The Nootka cypress goes by many names (Yellow cypress, Alaska cypress, Nootka cedar) but the physical properties of the wood make it an attractive material for both general construction and boat building.
Callitropsis nootkatensis- History
Baldwin Park Philly - Yellow Cypress

• Nootka Furor (200f, 200c): The Nootka Furor makes all your Nootka do more damage as their HP goes down.
    New Effect: Nootka attack faster and with more damage as their HP goes down, specially their siege damage.
    Why:​ Somehow they remind me of AOE2’ Berserker. Considering they are just a random Pikeman (which need generous buffs) this ability can be added either naturally or through this technology. I’ll save myself from imagining scales and values for that.

Lore: Filler tech to increase Nootka’s power.
Brooklyn Museum- Whale boneclub

CURRENT TECHS

• Nootka Potlatch (300f, 300c): Nootka Clubmen cost -10% and train time -50%
    REWORK: Nootka Clubmen cost -10%" replaced by “Nootka gain 10% ranged armor”. It also heals Nootka Warchief by 50% of his HP or respawns him to your military shipment point at full HP.
    Why: This technology ain’t bad but the cost is ridiculously high for such a simple effect, considering Cree has one similar for a third of the price. I have also added a tiny but useful perk for Warchief.

• Loyal Nootka War Chief (200w, 200c): Spawns a Nootka War Chief and enables Nootka Settlements, Native Embassies and Heroes to retrain him.
    REWORK:
    1) He now boosts Nootka warriors. +10% hp/damage bonus like a Mansabdar is good start
    2) More survivability somehow: this guy needs dies too easily.
    3) Turn him into a Hero: a few minor natives of Africa have their own war chiefs. His retraining can still be done by one way or another.
    Why: Previous discussion was nearly unanimous about buffing this guy, specially about the Mansabdar effect.

• Nootka Bark Clothing (125w, 125C): Villagers get +50% hit points
    No changes needed in my opinion.

Hey @Ippert A small doubt stuck with me while I was reviewing my drafts on the remaining natives:

• Do you mates still envision legacy natives to be as the Africans Natives (by being half general/ half specialized) or you gonna move them as more of a “map-based” resource?
  • How do you view duplicated techs if these natives are never going to be on the same maps (i.e: Maya vs Shaolin)?
  • Also, no pressure, just genuine curiosity about the rework of legacy natives: any horizon by 2022? Are they on developers’ 2022 to-do-list ?:star_struck: :grin:
    Thanks!
7 Likes