[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

TUPI

TUPI: Tupi | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

Overview

Overall a very good minor civilization. In my opinion they just need more improvements.

NEW TECHS

• Tupi Guarana Seeds (400f, 400c)​: Consuming guarana will improve the HP and damage of all your units.
    New Effect: All units get +5% hit points and attack.
    Why:​ I don’t like proposing “dry” HP and damage buffs, but I feel the lore matches the effect. It applies to land and water units. It’s like Team Shivaji’s tactics

Lore: Folklore: The Tupi-Guarani mythology tells a story of a young boy graced by the great god Tupan but killed by an evil deity. Their parents, saddened by his death, buried his eyes on a fertile land (through a sign of Tupan) and from that place the Guarana plant grew, providing fruits like the eyes of the young lad. The Legend of Guaraná
Herbology: As a dietary supplement or herb, guaraná seed (native to the Amazon basin and especially common in Brazil) is an effective stimulant: it contains about twice the concentration of caffeine found in coffee beans. Guarana - wikipedia

• River Fishing (250w, 250c)​: The Tupi and other tribes fish.
    New Effect: Boats gather yield rate +20% (aka: fish last 20% longer). Delivers 2 Canoes and canoes fish 10% faster.
    Why:​ Fishing was an important part of Tupi culture, specially to the ones nearby Amazon River. I didn’t add anything regarding farming because it is too common.

Lore: Agriculture, hunting, fishing and gathering of fruits were also based on Indian traditions". Tupi people - wikipedia

• Urucum Body Painting Ceremony (250f, 250c)​: The Pajés start a ceremony with body painting to strength your units.
    New Effect: Delivers 1 pajé (Medicine man). Heroes and units that already regenerate HP (before this tech) do it faster when idle.
    Economic units can regenerate life points now but only when idle (2HP/s).
    Native warriors gain +10% damage.

Why:​ I would like to keep giving original or unique effects. This one takes a bit of each characteristics of body painting. Only a few units have auto healing (heroes, Spahi and a few others) so this tech is pretty cheap.

Lore: It is also known as achiote but it may also be referred by its original Tupi name uruku , urucu or urucum (“red color”), which is also used for the body paint prepared from its seeds.Urucum - wikipedia
Body painting has several meanings: rites of passage, group or individual protection, wedding ceremonies, mourning or healing ceremonies, or the warrior or religious function
; Body painting- arte indigena
Article - Indian paintings: ethnicity & identity- in portuguese

• Tupi Black Forest Echoes (200w, 200c)​: Inside the deep forest they live in, the Tupi natives know the paths and terrain.
    New Effect: Reveals the line of sight of the enemy for 12. When they detect a tree: Pets, Explorers, settlers and archers move 10% faster and buildings have +10% hitpoints.
    Why:​ This one is more based on the richness and extension of Amazon back in the 16th century and the fact Tupi tribes dominated South America. It benefits the ones who would “explore” the forests as well as archers and pets. It’s the “cousin” of Youruba Herbalism.

Lore: “As you walk through the rainforest, you may be surprised by how dark it is. Because of the dense canopy of leaves and tree branches above, only a tiny amount of light actually reaches the forest floor. As a consequence, plant growth on the forest floor in undisturbed rainforest is often limited. The landscape is instead dominated by large tree trunks.” Visiting the Amazon Rainforest

REWORKED TECHS

• Tupi Poison Arrow Frogs (Archers get +10% attack):
    Rework: Archers get +15% ranged attack. Tupi Blackwood Archer’s arrows do poison damage.
    Why: Why not?

* Tupi Animal Lore (Town Centers and heroes can train Buttercup the Pet Cougars):
Rework: Also: Pets have +10% Attack and HP
Why: There is not a single technology other than this one that is applied to pets. I know they are gimmick but whatever.

5 Likes