[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

ZEN TEMPLE

ZEN: Zen Temple | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

• Monastic Conducts (150f, 150c)​: Monastic conducts enhance the focus of your warriors.
    New Effect: Mercenary units (except outlaws) and Sohei Naginata can regenerate life points even when moving (but not while fighting).
    Why:​ Mercenary are so expensive and it always bothered me they couldn’t heal themselves. Since Zen Temples were a place for enlightment I think I can fit Sohei Naginata here.

Lore: Monkhood, is a religious way of life in which one renounces worldly pursuits to devote oneself fully to spiritual work. Monastic life plays an important role in many faiths such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism. Monasticism

• Zen Fervor (250f, 250c)​: The monks’ fervor and beliefs for the cause increases Naginata Sohei’s damage in battle.
    New Effect: For every Naginata Sohei killed, boosts the damage of all other remaining Naginata Sohei by 25% for 5s. This buff caps at 50% damage and 10s duration. Reduces their cavalry multiplier by 0.5x.
    Why:​ I migrated this effect from Zapotec to Zen. I think it suits their brotherhood better.

Lore: Their growing power base (warrior monks) was eventually to attract the attention of warlords like Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu, who recognized their opposition to samurai rule, their determination, their strength, and their numbers. Sōhei

• Companionship (250w, 250c)​: The friendships with Zen gain the trust of civilian around the temple.
    New Effect: Your next Harbor HC card arrives much faster. Delivers 1 Wokou Junk and 2 fishing ships.
    Why:​ Not great but when I had finished Zen, I realized they were mostly on naval maps but they lacked any naval improvement. By “Harbor HC card” read as any card from “The Messenger”, “The Harbor”, “The Waterplace”, “Customs House”…

Lore: (…)these new groups, calling themselves Ikkō-ikki, followed the dictates of the Jōdo Shinshū sect of beliefs. They were essentially coalitions of religious fundamentalist priests, farmers, and families, who were willing to literally fight for their beliefs. Sōhei

• Loyalty Pacts (300f, 300c)​: Following monastic conducts enhance the focus from warriors.
    New Effect: All Mercenary shipments and mercenaries hired on the map, except outlaws: -10% coin cost and arrive 10% faster.
    Also: You can use one single mercenary shipment you have already used again (if you do it that shipment will be 50% cheaper instead).

Why:​ Zen would be allied/hired by the Daimyos, so a Mercenary technology is valid here.

Lore: Sohei were trained for war and defense of the Temples using physical rather than spiritual means.

REWORKED TECHS

• Master Lessons (Melee infantry get +10% attack)
    Rework: Also: Naginata Sohei +10%HP.
6 Likes