[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

Alright, I’ve had a look back at TAD, and I’ve got some thoughts on Klamath. I think I’ve given my thoughts before, and they’ve been discussed often in the thread, but I figure I’ll just overview them again quickly.

Klamath Riflemen: 60f 60w. Skirmisher unit high in hp but low in damage and range, and basically the same stat wise as the Cherokee Rifleman. I don’t mind it’s the same unit as Cherokee, since they won’t show up on the same map, and although we could quible about the numbers being too low to make it a viable replacement skirm for most civs whole hog (although I don’t think that’s their purpose anyway) the low range and high hp lets it naturally move into position in front of other ranged units and tank damage. No major changes needed imo

Tech 1: 150w 150c. Receive 100f in crates for every 3 minutes passed up to 30 min. Objectively too weak even for its relatively low cost, esp considering food is the easiest and fastest resource to gather, if the most used. The pay off is too little too late. Two suggestions to buff:
A. Decrease the interval of crates increasing from 3 min to 2 min. This puts it in line from similar tech found with Zapotec, Mapuche, and legacy Aztecs
B. Increase the food crates from 100f to 200f. Still pays off more slowly, but now has much more punch.
Of course, these numbers could be refined more, but you get the general directions of change.

Tech 2: 100f 100w 100c. Increases villager gather rate by 5% across the board. Again, another tech fine in concept but where the numbers are just too low. Three suggestions:
A. reduce the cost of the tech to 50f 50w 50c
B. increase the effect to 8% and keep the cost the same
C. increase the effect to 10% but increase the cost, maybe to 125 or 150 of each resource
While this tech has some overlap with similar Asian market techs, I think it’s fine to leave as is in concept. Just have to play with the numbers some more.

Tech 3: 200w 150c. Increase the Klamath Rifleman’s ranged attack by 25%. This is the tech that caught my eye while playing TAD. If you don’t know/remember, in legacy the Elite upgrade was also 200w 150c. DE has since put that on sale with a 50% discount, only 100w 75c. Given they’re the same cost in legacy, I think this was meant as a pseudo second elite upgrade, kinda like how Carib have Feast Warriors as a second Champion upgrade/pseudo Legendary upgrade. With that in mind, I think this tech should also be reduced to 100w 75c to match the elite tech’s new price. I’m also willing to concede the additional flavor of the tech should remain the same. So it should remain locked to age 3 (not that I think having it in age 2 would make the unit op, it just keeps the idea that it’s an extra layer to the Elite upgrade). And it should only affect the Klamath Rifleman, tho maybe it should increase damage across the board rather than just ranged attack, assuming DE hasn’t already made that change.

Unrelated to the Klamath summary/write up, some minor observations about TAD nats.

The Seminole archer attack tech used to cost 300w 300c and give 25% attack across the board to all archers, which is kinda nuts. What are the chances that gets reverted, eh? (not that high)

I also prefer Seminole costing 75f 25w, Tupi can have 50f 50w all to themselves. 12 range on the main attack and 6 on the siege attack is kinda a bummer tho, prefer the new 16 and 10.

I noticed as well the TAD Champion upgrade still cost 400w 300c (500w 400c if you have 2 units tho) but gave nats +40%/+40% rather than the new +35%/+35%. I wonder when that was changed… the elite upgrade gave +25%+25%, same then as now.

Maybe I’ll have another look at TAD some other time and give some more thoughts, but that’s it for now.

2 Likes