[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

Some of them have room for it and I hope they get it.

Technologies are a must because there are such a few…

1 Like

Big agree
(20 characters)

I would say Pueblo is the most unique culture both in architecture and life style. Also for their famous ancestors who ruled the Great canyon and later the plateau from above. Their descendant’s resistance against colonist were also tough and tensile. It would be my dream to see them in AOE3!

2 Likes

Likely to remain a dream.

The were planned for inclusion in civ5 iirc. But they seemed to have completely refused to cooperate and be represented and were replaced by the Shoshone.

Unless they changed their minds, the Pueblo seem off limits for game inclusion.

1 Like

I made one as well, can’t just let nootkas be disrespected like that

Ainu minor civ, with a Sakhalin map to go along
Ainu people - Wikipedia
Sakhalin - Wikipedia

They could also show up in Honshu, Kamchatka and Hokkaido out of the maps that are already in the game, and if that isn’t enough they could also add a Kuril Islands map:
Kuril Islands - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Why would nootkas be in tier S? They only serve to besiege and little else. They lose against everything, except against cavalry and shock infantry (to mele).

nootka are exceptionally tanky and cost such a tiny amount of wood. They are really quite good for their cost

(reposting from another thread)
While rewatching Golden Kamuy (an anime and manga series that delves a lot into Ainu culture and even went to Sakhalin for a bit), I was able to think of at least three things that could be turned into technologies:
Citatap

Idk what it could affect, maybe training times or food cost?

Aconite poison arrows (she doesn’t get to hit any arrow but you can see her shooting some here)

Could give their units poison damage like with those Yoruba, Tupi and Carib techs

Amappo (I couldn’t find any clip of it, but it’s basically a tripwire trap that uses a crossbow and the aforementioned poison arrows)

Could affect hunting

2 Likes

Random thought

I don’t even like the word “civ rework” because it’s basically a “review”. I think Incans was the only civilization to be reworked".:face_with_monocle:

Random thought 2

The legacy natives have been addressed every month but they are so outdated and so far behind the others, that, by the pace the devs are addressing them, we’ll have them in line with the ones from African Royals in 2026.:thinking:

2 Likes

While the Africans and the royal houses are provocative to use, the Americans seem to only receive shy improvements.

I’d prefer an immediate upgrade to all old natives, but if you upgrade sparingly, make sure every minor faction has at least 5 upgrades/techs.

This is one of the forums that has attracted the most attention from the players, and I would hope that the developers are just as interested.

3 Likes

One question: Why does the House of Wittelsbach appear in the Portugal map?

2 Likes

Diversity? I don’t know

This is gonna be pretty tightly focused so bear with me, but I was thinking about the Oldenburg tech “Oresund Customs” which lets warships and defensive buildings trickle a small amount of coin. Specifically I was considering all the exceptions to it, buildings which you think might trickle coin but don’t, and why they were excluded and how it might be implemented in the future. I’ve ordered them from least relevant to most relevant:

Regents Castle: This one is kinda a meme. If you don’t know, the Regent’s Castle appears on Honshu - Regicide and is a special defensive building to house your Regent, a high hp cavalry unit which if lost will cause you to be defeated. There is no way for these two to interact on any official map, so it’s understandable the devs would overlook it. Still, for completeness sake I’d slap on the 0.5c/s rate from the regular Castle and call it a day.

Maya Castle: Newly added last patch, I can understand this slipping under the radar. However, you can consistently spawn the Maya Castle on a map with Oldenburg, even outside of Unknown: just revolt to Maya from Mexico and you can research the tech to spawn one at your Native Embassy. So I think it ought to have a trickle. 0.4c/s would be appropriate given the tech’s cost, but I would also accept 0.35c/s given the Maya Castle is clearly based on the Incan Stronghold.

Kallanka: You may dispute this as a defensive building at all, and fair enough. While it can garrison units it has no attack and it isn’t affected by Extensive Fortifications, so it’s exclusion is understandable. I don’t think it should have a trickle, but if it did it would probably be 0.2c/s

Tambo: This I will argue is a defensive building. Not only does it have an attack, it can garrison vils and receive shipments. What’s holding this back is (I’m pretty sure anyway) the Tambo is just a normal Trading Post which has been subject to a hidden technology which alters it’s appearance, name, and functions. So the trick would be making the Oldenburg tech discern the Tambo-TP from the normal TP, which is probably more hassle than is worth for devs who probably wouldn’t agree in the first place. If it got a trickle, it’d I could see 0.25c/s, maybe less.

Agra Fort: Now for the good stuff. I would say the Agra Fort is a defensive building even if it’s not a Frontier Fortification. Being a Wonder might complicate matters, but I think it should absolutely have a trickle. What’s interesting about Wonders is there’s actually 4 different versions of each, one for every age you advance to (2-5). So what you could do is have the coin trickle rate of the Agra be dependent on which age it finishes in. Say, 0.8c/s for age 2, 1.2c/s for age 3, 2c/s for 4, and 4c/s for 5; if that’s too much, you can halve the numbers or play around with them while keeping roughly in that proportion. Otherwise, you could make the trickle consistent for all ages, somewhere between that of a Castle and a Fort. Either way, this omission is probably the most glaring.

Town Center: this one might be the most disputed but also easily the most relevant. While a TC does many important things, acting as a defensive building is a core component of it. And even though it’s not a Frontier Fortification, it is deserving of a trickle in my book. I feel a 0.5c/s trickle would be appropriate.

And that’s all the exceptions to this coin trickle tech I feel are worth discussing. While I don’t expect the devs to read this, much less implement any of these suggestions, hopefully getting this in writing means I don’t need to think about it any longer.

P.S. Royal Hunters still don’t batch train, please fix

1 Like

Good suggestions, but I think that the most appropriate forum for this would be this one (Royal House Unit Rework) , since this forum is dedicated to natives before the definitive edition.

Considering that this month is the AOE anniversary and the month that America was discovered, updating the Ancient Native Americans would be a nice treat.

3 Likes

F for the natives.

I sincerely thank you all for the feedback, ideas, informations, discussions, agreements and disagreements! You all made this one of the best topics in the forum. :pray:

At least it’s nice seeing that every new patch I find a new tech or a card that was an idea from here.

2 Likes

Just to keep our hopes up!

Muisca and Wayuu Settlements, originally designed for Wars of Liberty mod. They would be a pretty nice addition considering Colombia’s area is barely portrayed.

I don’t remember what techs we planned but the units.

Muisca

Wayuu

Hopefully the devs get some inspiration!

PD: Sorry for break the thread rules a little bit hehe

10 Likes

I hope for Muisca revolution option in Gran Colombians civ like Mayans revolution option in Mexicans civ :pleading_face:

I think the Maya revolution is pretty dumb. Mayas deserve to be their own full civ. We don’t even have a Muisca minor civ yet either.

1 Like