[Mod] Visible Corpses

I updated both normal and enhanced graphics versions of the mod for the game version “101.101.34793.0 4597979”. Mod should update automatically or if it doesn’t, then clicking on “Check for updates” button in mod manager should help.

Success of update can be checked by whether mod resources folder contains 221 decay files. If it still contains 219 files, then mod can be forced to update by doing unsubscribe+subscribe.

Maybe it works better for you after update? Try to first subscribe+download normal graphics and then enhanced graphics version. It seems, that you have some general error about mods, which also affects this mod.

I could upload mod files for you to some third party hosting, but it would be better if you could fix your problem about all mods. Here is normal graphics version anyways.

Did you checked from Task Manager Resource Monitor with what speed does game download mods for you? You could estimate how long should it last this way and whether game is still downloading or got stuck.

1 Like

Having a great time with the mod playing Horde Survival and other TD maps so far! Thanks a lot :kissing:

1 Like

It did, thanks.

btw, the mod is great, only if the Crimson Blood wasn’t forced it would be fantastic.

The error was about the red exclamation mark, which happens after the download. Only for Forest Nothing and Pilgrims Nothing.

This mod was installed though

From what I can tell, the exclamation mark error at downloaded scenarios happens due to an issue where the game puts a sceneario on a folder where it will not be read as one, so it stays downloaded, but unusable. I don’t know if this is a issue regarding the game functioning istelf, a bug per say, or a mistake made by the scenario’s publisher.

The way I workaround this is copying the scenario files from its folder at the subscribed mods directory and pasting at the scenarios folder.

1 Like

Good idea, let’s try that for those mods.

Crimson Blood is not required. I even wrote in mod description, that “I highly recommend that mod, but if it is unsuitable for your taste, then you may of course just not subscribe to it and play with default blood.”.

Maybe I’m wrong (I’ll check it) but I have disabled Crimson Blood and it is still applied when using your mod. But let me check this first

Nice mod!

I have a request, would you be willing to make a mod with the original corpse graphics? I prefer without blood and as close to the original behavior as possible. In particular I really like the original skeletons of the non mounted units.

Unfortunately I am not able to create original corpse graphics mod, because this requires importing original graphics or redrawing them, which I am not able to do.

Maybe @ApeSilent could create some kind of a skeleton mod, like he theorized here.
I suggest you ask from him personally :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have a version with corpse at 100% visibility (i.e. no sinking). If not, then I would like to create one. What is the most efficient way of duplicating frames quickly?

I could easily create 100% visibility version. I have not published versions with different visibility than 60% (normal and enhanced graphics version for each percent), because I don’t want to clutter mod list with them. I am also not sure, how big is the demand for 100%, etc versions. Differentiating alive and dead units from each other gets very hard at 100% visibility.

I created a Python program, which goes through decay files, separates frames into angles and then does frame duplication inside each angle according to specified visibility. Using this program is greatly preferable to doing this manually, because allows to do the process quickly and without mistakes with desired visibility. Also can easily repeat the process each time that original decay files are updated.

Do you think, that there are a lot of people preferring 100% visibility version?

1 Like

Maybe you can teach us the Python program you created! :smiley:
I might find it very useful.

I just imported some AOE DE units, that didn’t have decay animation(remained 100 percent visible), so I was planning for some way to maintain their uniformity with other units in AOE2 DE.

I updated both normal and enhanced graphics versions of the mod for the game version “101.101.36202.0 4819260”. Mod should update automatically or if it doesn’t, then clicking on “Check for updates” button in mod manager should help.

Success of update can be checked by whether mod resources folder contains 222 decay files. If it still contains less files, then mod can be forced to update by doing unsubscribe+subscribe.

I should polish and upload my program to GitHub along with creating documentation, but I need to beat my laziness first :sleeping:

Really like this mod. Especially combined with the Crimson Blood.
Can you make a mod what makes the wreckage of the torred buildings stay visible longer?

1 Like

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying my mod :relaxed:

I think, that making building wreckage visible for longer is possible to do, but it would need to be a data mod. Data mods are cumbersome to use (can use only one data mod at same time, usually can’t use in multiplayer, etc) and author would need to recreate his mod data file from official game data file each time the game is updated.

If you really want such a mod, then you should make a separate topic requesting it in modding subforum. Maybe someone who is experienced with data modding and bothers to update his mod at every game update, can make it :slightly_smiling_face:

hello! I would actually like to create this for star wars galactic battlegrounds and I dont mind if its data created I just have no idea where the code is for decay time? I opened the dat file with
Geine editor but where do I look to change decay time?
Thanks!

You can look into description of - Persistent Corpses - mod. It is a data mod, which makes dead units not decay at all.

1 Like

Awesome man that worked! thanks a lot this is going to be fun!

Hey… could you make a data mod where decay time is between 20-30 minutes? that would be perfect for me since i play mostly offline. :slight_smile: persistent corpses is outdated just as any other decay mod… and 5 min is not what i search…

kind regards

@Yorok0

with recent updates I feel that decays/hero glow seems to stay on much more consistently and disappear way less in large scale battle with lots of units. it seems finally been addressed to an extent that is at an acceptable level.

can you check on yourside as well