Modding: Foundation Terrain only changes Graphic, not collision/behavior

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: image
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When changing the Foundation Terrain of Buildings, the Terrain only changes graphically, but not logic wise. In my mod i Created a building that spawns water as foundation terrain - so I placed the building, but as you can see, Units can walk through the water and Ships can’t cross it

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Take any building and changes it Foundation Graphics to Water
  2. Use Ships and Land Units to test the replaced terrain

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Ships can cross the Water and Land Units can’t go Jesus

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*Not needed

And please, before you copy-paste your standard sentence with "This is intended Game design"

PLEASE I need this so bad for my mod, And I am sure you might too in the future, also if you add the possibility to change the Terrain in real time, think of the possibilities in Scenarios (Triggers that can shape terrain - seasons would be possible with leaves, snow, greener grass in spring etc.), Campaigns, Modding, You could dry swamps or Build Water Tunnels like walls connecting lakes, Oceans. You could build dykes, build water moats around castles (or in a campaign), make a new mechanic, cure diseases, improve society - It wouldn’t be too OP because it only applies to BUILT buildings, so quick walking terrains wouldn’t be possible.
Terrashaping has been done, to some degree in the middle ages too (Field watering, Streets, Mining) . I really need this, I beg you